Pulling the trigger on a new bike

Josh1234

After perusing craigslist, I think there's a perfect next step bike for you that surpringly hasn't been mentioned yet (I don't think):

Honda F4i - fuel injected, cheap and low maintenance, sporty but not superbike level so its comfy, and plenty of performance so it'll be a huge step up from the Buell at a level you wont outgrow for probably the rest of your riding years.

Thanks guys! I definitely appreciate the help in finding me a bike :)

F4i's definitely catch my eye... Fully faired, fuel injected, and more than enough power & sportiness to keep me happy.

I've also heard that they're very, very reliable, which is another factor I desire.

My only problems with the above 4 links (3x cbr & 1 650r) is the price (& for the 650r, the color). If I decide I want to spend 3K and get a bike to keep, rather than getting a cheapo bike to ride this fall and then flip in the spring, I'd probably buy the z750s for sale here on the board. It's 3200, and also a couple years newer than the f4i's. The 650r, well, I don't like that green, regardless of how shallow it makes me to buy a bike partially based on color. Then again, if I decide on a 650r, I think there are cheaper ones.

Right now, I'm sort of leaning towards getting a bike to flip :(

I think I'm just a cheap bastard who doesn't want to invest 3K in a motorcycle unless a great deal comes up. Even though I have the money set aside, I'm not really well-off and it's hard for me to justify a motorcycle since it's something I WANT, and not NEED :(

Edited by Josh1234

at worst you'd come out even on any of the ones listed...especially if u can get the red/white one talked down :)

But it just sounds like you are gun shy right now and with being the end of the season thats not a terrible thing at all

I might get to see the kawi soon, actually. But I wanted a bike for this weekend's ride :( I almost bought a ninja 250 today :)

buy an f4i, fall in love. sell it for what you paid for in the spring if you dont and buy an sv650 or vfr

dude, you're making this harder on yourself than it needs to be :)

buy an f4i, fall in love. sell it for what you paid for in the spring if you dont and buy an sv650 or vfr

dude, you're making this harder on yourself than it needs to be :)

Yep, that CBR is a nice bike. It will hold it's value, you can flip it without any issues.

I don't know about that one. I'd think "flesh mount" turn signals would be kind of painful. :D

In all seriousness Josh if you want someone to tag along when you go look at a bike I'm free this Saturday. Actually I'm single (So, bring girls too lol) this weekend the wife is out of town.