Pulling the trigger on a new bike

Josh1234

That D&D pipe is probably the loudest pipe out there for that bike you can find other pipes hell you might even be able to find someone wanting to trade it for stock system. The ex500 is not easy to sell I had an spotless '03 with under 4k on it and had put it up for $3000 in August '08 at the time kbb value was just over $3800 I finally managed to sell it on ebay for $2500 at the end of October. There just are not many people that want an ex500 but if your set on getting one don't buy a 20 year old one when for a little more $$ you can get a much newer and nicer one. As far as 22k on that yzf only means someone actually rode it hell I've got over 25k on mine in the 3 years I've had it and I'm sure we've got people on here with way more miles. I believe Armith said he had somewhere in mid 40k on his. Most importantly though don't buy a bike only because your thinking you can resell it make sure it's one your going to be happy with riding if you can't sell it.

For a quick flip and what the owner says he's done to it (tires, fluids, chain, etc) this should totally be a turn key purchase.. buy it, ride it, put gas in it, sell it.

Buy it and maybe next spring I'll buy it off you.:cool:

Tell u what, that yzf might come for around 2k for you, it's a good bike, nice bike, blue colOr like u want, ideal balance of sport and tourer, fits ur size, and hell if some thing happens in Long run u can work and learn on it,

If some pros here are good with bike inspection go double check today and BUY THE DAYUM BIKE ALREADY :lol: well some one had to say it out loud :)

For some lill $ get the stock exhaust from Armith and swap it later, and most important come for the ride tomorrow haha

Just for the record.. Valve clearance inspection is at 26,600 miles per the service manual.. If you check the YZF600R.com forums it is normal to hold off to 28-30k range when your more comprehensive maintenance is scheduled. Meaning the stuff you'll already have the bike apart for anyway.. And it is also quite common that members have gone past 50k miles with valve clearances still within spec. Unless you've really thrashed the motor (stunting, intermediate track days, etc.) these motors are low maintenance. I highly doubt you'll put up the kind of mileage and abuse that would put you in the critical maintenance category before the snow flies.

Today's offers include an '04 yzf 600 for 2500, an '09 ninja 250 for 2400, and an '05 zzr 600 for 2500. (salvage title on that one.)

Decisions, decisions :(

:)

I might go test ride the YZF-600 if he's available today.

Making a decision of the three you listed there, it seems very simple to me, the Yamaha hands down!

Making a decision of the three you listed there, it seems very simple to me, the Yamaha hands down!

Waiting anxiously to see if he writes me back that I can come look at it! Has to be now/this afternoon, since I'm busy tonight

He has a blue/black helmet I'd like to get out of him, too. He said this in an e-mail:

I can't go that low. The dealer I bought it from said he would give me low to mid 2s in the spring so I would just wait till then if I don't get a offer I like. The lowest I could go now is 2500

I'm hoping I can offer 2250, and when he counters at 2500 (i.e. says "no") I can get him to throw in the helmet, if it fits me better than the one I have now. (It's a lil loose). Either that, or one for my girl :)

It was listed for 3K on CL, so here's hoping. Overall... If I like the bike on the test ride (Provided I GET one) I'm going to buy it, I think. But sheesh I hope it's quieter than yesterdays!

Hrm, weird, I missed a whole bunch of posts in this thread... My apologies to those I missed and it looked like I skipped over.

I'm anxiously awaiting a 2004 YZF to write me back. The one for 2500. 2 years newer, quieter, and less miles.

If he doesn't, then I might reconsider the '02 "noisemaker" one... Or the zzr600 w/ a salvage title.

But it's not just a matter of me wearing earplugs... I've been to the dragstrip and heard open-exhausts with a two-step that weren't as loud.

You're not going to buy the blue one because it's too loud? By the looks of the ad' date=' it's a very well maintained bike. Granted, I haven't seen it in person, so I may be talking out of my ass. Any pics of this 2004 YZF?[/quote']

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2604098168.html

He sent me some full-sizers in e-mail, and the bike looks great. I'll fwd if you want to see them.

I could do without the LED's (I don't like messing with a stock electrical system, maybe I'm over cautious?) and the, um, windshield spikes :):supergay:

Edited by Josh1234
typos

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2604098168.html

He sent me some full-sizers in e-mail, and the bike looks great. I'll fwd if you want to see them.

I could do without the LED's (I don't like messing with a stock electrical system, maybe I'm over cautious?) and the, um, windshield spikes :):supergay:

LED's dont pull enough to really worry on a stock electrical system

I feel for you Josh :cry: If I had a spare bike I'ld let you use it just for the ride tomorrow. Does anyone have a spare bike for rent/loan?

Perhaps you should have held onto the Buell for a few more weeks if you didn't have something else lined up... Now it's just :(