Holsters....what ya got?

Pokey

What ya got and what for?

Just bought this today for my M&P 40 compact and have heard great things....... http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53&osCsid=icspelndvdo9peqjgddkpk8mq3

Have a Jason Winnie Leatherworks "Don Humes Grandson" for my XD9SC and a Blackhawk Serpa "they are the shiznit".

Oh and Blackhawk doesnt make a holster yet for the 9/40/357 M&P compact.......WTF!!!!:cry: But this Comp-Tac looks to be a very nice alternative.

Yes they do. The one marketed for .45 works just fine, and there isn't any difference between a full size and compact concerning holsters.But they do have them specifically for .40s. I have a Blackhawk Serpa CQC

181145IMG1_L.1.jpeg

Fobus, my least favorite. I only keep it as a spare.

fobus-taurs-709-slim-holster.jpg

Desantis IWB

BG1.jpg

And a Blackhawk Sepra Level III coming in the mail

44H1_0BIG%20copy.gif

Edited by chevysoldier

Yes they do. The one marketed for .45 works just fine, and there isn't any difference between a full size and compact concerning holsters.But they do have them specifically for .40s. I have a Blackhawk Serpa CQC, a Fobus OWB, a Desantis leather IWB and a Blackhawk Serpa Level III coming in the mail.

Holster junkie...

I'm thinking about getting a CQC for my XD SC. I used one at the class today, and it works really well.

All I have right now is the POS that came with the XD, a DeSantis nylon IWB, and a Uncle Mike's IWB, none of which work very well for me.

I got a Fobus with the newly acquired LC9. Prints like a bastid!

Picked up a $12 Blackhawk pocket holster for now. satisfactory.

i love my cheap fobus...i wont carry open with it since theres no active retention on it, but its great for concealed

it prints, but i dont care if it prints really lol....hell, i went into the gas station earlier after i had removed my holster and just put my gun into my jeans pocket (the small pocket above the big pocket)...only the barrel and trigger guard fit in there...oh well....open carry is legal, and i have my permit for concealed, so printing doesnt bother me

i cant carry at my job anyways....not that the gunbuster sign would stop me (i wish i could carry in work - i work with a guy who is a fucking psycho...the real quiet strange type...and he has made comments before about wanting to bring a gun in and kill certain people)

but we have to walk through metal detectors leaving....so if a psycho wants to enter the building and shoot us up, no problem, just cant leave the building because we have to walk through the metal detector on the way out :lol:

@Chevysoldier........yes they make a Serpa for the full size M&P but none for the compacts. The M&P holster is way too long for the compact, hence why I went with the Comp-Tac. I love my Serpa for my XD, hoping to like the Comp-Tac as well.

@Chevysoldier........yes they make a Serpa for the full size M&P but none for the compacts. The M&P holster is way too long for the compact, hence why I went with the Comp-Tac. I love my Serpa for my XD, hoping to like the Comp-Tac as well.

Eh, I find the slight length different negligible. I used the same holster for carrying both my .45c (had to sell it) and my .40 full size.

Edit: Now that I look at the dimensions, the length diff between a .45c and a fullsize is only .375" where as the diff between a .40c and fullsize is .8"

Edited by chevysoldier

What do I have? IWB or OWB? Which gun?

I'm in the classic category of "a box full of holsters":o

My favorites for IWB are the Milt Sparks VMII.

I've never taken to the plastic holsters. I have one that wore the finish off on a new Kimber in a week. I mostly blame the thin Kimber finish for that but the holster didn't help.

lollerskates

repped

oh, and i think im so baller on this website that i bumped your rep bar over to another star.

i think i win a prize. ill take the glock you had yesterday :)

Hot Dog! Glock's in the mail.;)

To actually answer the OP's question,... I've not found the perfect holster yet. The closest I've come was an OWB Bianchi for my Sig. I'm generally satisfied with my DeSantis Tuck This for my 642 Jframe, but don't like it for the G19. I just bought a DeSantis leather OWB for the M9, but don't love it. So basically... I dunno...

Edited by C-bus

My holsters

Glock 39 comp-tac minotaur mtac http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95 I've been thinking about picking up one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-26-27-33-Kydex-Right-CCW-IWB-Holster-Made-USA-/110749890438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9353786 for the glock because I really like the one I have for the p3at

Kel-tec p3at Blackhawk size 1 pocket holster and kydex IWB http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kel-Tec-32-P3AT-CCW-Kydex-IWB-Right-Holster-Made-USA-/110719901016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c76b9d58

2011-11-13_10-48-04_21.jpg