For all you Lock lovers

C-bus

I have one of my gun locks under the seat on both the motorcycles. The Triumph doesn't have helmet locks and in either case I can use the gun lock to chain both the helmet and my coat to the bike when I leave it parked. The small diameter cable on the pistol locks fits nicely through the buckles on both the helmet and my jacket.

That and the fact I think it would give some scumbag a little pause when he see's the Smith & Wesson, Ruger or Springfield XD logos on the lock and realizes the owner may be armed. :evil:

• Upvote 1

A determined thief will only take advantage of the fact that they can easily cut both your helmet strap and jacket buckle straps with a cheap pocket knife or box cutter. I doubt if they even read the lock or would take pause if they did. Not trying to piss in your wheaties, just sayin.

Yep, but if he cuts the helmet buckle strap the joke is on him cause it's useless. The jacket I'm sure it could be done. I have never tried to cut a 2 inch wide double layer waist strap on a coat. It's the same as if the bike had a helmet lock, they are just as vulnerable. I still want to make it a little harder on the scumbag though and rather than buy a lock from a motorcycle shop, gun locks work really nicely.

My hope is to keep the simple minded from just walking past and snatching up my gear. Anybody that is truly determined will take it regardless.

A determined thief will only take advantage of the fact that they can easily cut both your helmet strap and jacket buckle straps with a cheap pocket knife or box cutter. I doubt if they even read the lock or would take pause if they did. Not trying to piss in your wheaties, just sayin.

I'd agree that a determined thief would get by it. But I'd also pose that most thieves are opportunists and simply slowing the process would deter the theft.

they look like this

For a better one. There is a new one with a combination. It would be really cool if you could set the combo. But I do not think that is possible. So trying to remember 20 combinations would be about as good as me trying to remember where in the hell the other set of keys are at for all these trigger locks.