Did you shop Black Friday? What'd you get?

chevysoldier

Did you go Black Friday shopping?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did you go Black Friday shopping?

• Hell yeah! I need to get those awesome deals!
    • Hell no! Are you crazy??
    • H&B

How many here were crazy enough to go get the awesome deal? What time did you get in line? What'd ya get?

I stayed home. I don't need anything that badly and I don't like large crowds of insane people. My wife was at work at 11pm to open at midnight. Don't envy her at all.

Edited by chevysoldier

Yeah, I went to Best Buy around 11:00 and the line to get in was around the store (about 300ft) by 12:00 it was around back and heading down the street (over 500ft). I got in found 2 of the deals I wanted (Seagate 3 TB external dirve and Adobe Premier Elements 10 program). I figure I save about $80 on just those two items vs what they are normally. The I stopped at Walmart, 3 hours after the madness and it was almost empty. Got two movies for $15 and a 8GB HDSD card $8 and a gallon of milk. :)

Now I think it's time to go back to bed.

I went to Walmart at 3 AM. There was really nothing there to stand in line for to go any earlier.. At 3AM, zero lines, in and out. I got a small Shop-Vac for $19, a 90 count box of skeet clays for $4.97, and a 4 GB flash drive for $5.

I think Walmart over estimated the demand for flat panel TVs. There was still a few pallets full of many different brands and sizes of TV's. Walmart in Bainbridge did not have any 9mm ammo.

The ammo sale at Dick's Sporting Goods really wasn't a deal.It was buy a box,get a box half off. A 100 round white box of Winchester was $32.99. I left without buying anything.

Hell no I didn't go! I hate crowds and especially stupid people. I worked one black Friday when I worked at lowes and HATED it! Besides we volunteered to run a meet so we left before the madness and will be home after it tonight. :)

Walmart in Bainbridge did not have any 9mm ammo..

Theyr 9mm always runs out quick

The ammo sale at Dick's Sporting Goods really wasn't a deal.It was buy a box,get a box half off. A 100 round white box of Winchester was $32.99. I left without buying anything.

This shit pissed me off. Cost more today than it does on a normal day which is about $12 for a box of 50 remington

went to about 6 stores. Not a single one had anything I consider a deal in order to pull the trigger. The closest was Sears but the couple things I would've gotten I know I'm getting for Christmas so there was no point

Left the house at 9:30 and got home at 4:30. Did Best Buy for a new computor monitor, a 250g xbox and some PS3 games and Blu-ray movies. Next up was Walmart for some Nerf guns and Lego's and then to Toys 'R Us for some more toys for the boys. This is the second year i have done it. I'm not big into crowds but they haven't been bad IMO. The good partis that between online ordering and going out last night my kids are 95% done which makes the rest of the holiday season very enjoyable since i don't have to any more shopping. The wife and are aren't doing gifts since she adopted a horse a few weeks ago and she brought him and her other horse home finally. I bought myself some new snowmobile boots and bibs earlier this month for my xmas. Plus i want a GoPro if a good deal pops up.

Edited by cmh_sprint

tried to snag an ipod touch for my girl at target...got there about 10 20 and her brother came along to keep me company...got inside at 12 and it was sold out...broke one of my rules of life, "never shop on black friday", and have nothing to show for it...fml

i am heading to gander though, i saw a hoodie in their ad i like - if i dont find it there ill just order it online...or if the line is stupid long, but i doubt it will be...even with black friday prices they are overpriced lol

tried to snag an ipod touch for my girl at target...got there about 10 20 and her brother came along to keep me company...got inside at 12 and it was sold out...broke one of my rules of life, "never shop on black friday", and have nothing to show for it...fml

i am heading to gander though, i saw a hoodie in their ad i like - if i dont find it there ill just order it online...or if the line is stupid long, but i doubt it will be...even with black friday prices they are overpriced lol

Isnt your second rule of life never shop at Gander?

I ended up swinging by Kohl's on the way home from mansfield. I got there at 3:20, spent 10 minutes picking out my boots, 5 minutes in line, got $90 boots for $17 ($29.99 black friday special, $10 coupon, 15% coupon).

I ended up swinging by Kohl's on the way home from mansfield. I got there at 3:20, spent 10 minutes picking out my boots, 5 minutes in line, got $90 boots for $17 ($29.99 black friday special, $10 coupon, 15% coupon).

Same coupons I got in the mail too. I posted them up here for anyone but no one wanted 'em.