Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

I can't make this trip but I have a question about the general area. Let's say you get down there and it's raining so you don't want to ride. Now let's say you have a few firearms with some ammunition you wish to dispense of. Where would you go in the area to accomplish said objective?

I can't make this trip but I have a question about the general area. Let's say you get down there and it's raining so you don't want to ride. Now let's say you have a few firearms with some ammunition you wish to dispense of. Where would you go in the area to accomplish said objective?

Spring Creek Shooting Range: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=8001723458515659468&cd=1&cad=src:ppiwlink&ei=3DQeT_2SBInvwAHxvuzgDw&dtab=2

Sevier Indoor Range: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=7221356426728072850&q=shooting&cd=3&cad=src:ppiwlink&ei=xjQeT6PZAYTWwAHcq9S6Dw&dtab=2

the campground is a couple miles from the rest of the resort. Just wanted to let you know ahead of time. The lady said it's like a mile or two down the road.

I camped there last year and its nice. Right on the Little Tennessee river at the base of Fontana Dam, tallest dam in eastern us. Don't forget if you camp you also have access to pools, deck concerts and ghost tours ooohhhh!

I camped there last year and its nice. Right on the Little Tennessee river at the base of Fontana Dam, tallest dam in eastern us. Don't forget if you camp you also have access to pools, deck concerts and ghost tours ooohhhh!

Ghost tours? Oh yeah?

I had thought about camping if I cant find anyone to split a room with. Still haven't decided if i'm gonna ride down or have it trailed.

Email me how much for the room split and when are you heading down their. I'm off Wednesday to Sunday

Edited by wht_scorpion

for anyone that is super dependent on their phone, if things are the same as last year and you're staying the lodge you may have a minor crisis. The only place I could get reception for cell service in Fontana was at the resturant and that was spotty at best. I have Verizon and whoever Likwid has was even worse. the cabins might be better luck too, I remember having service at Pauly's cabin.

They gave some some line that their signal booster was on the fritz so whether thats true or not I don't know

Edited by Bad324

FYI is some of you didnt know the cabins are 1 queen and 2 twin beds. They sleep 4 but unless 2 of you are going to spoon you might want to take a air bed for the 4th guy. I'm going to throw one in the car for our cabin. And for the ones that have never been in the area you will need to stop at a store in Maryviile/Alcoa to get grub and suds(there is a super busy wally and food city) because there is very little available once you get on us129(especially at night), and top off gas too would be a good idea.

Thank you but I intend to be there three or four weeks before you guys, depending on the weather.

Look like I'm going to have to call and ask about blocking more cabins (the four we had set aside are reserved already). I'll ask them.

No cell phones allowed at Fontana. I read that on their website. Something about not embracing the beauty of isolation and being surrounded by nature' date=' awesome roads and [b']southern belles refilling your sweet tea.

:lol: Seriously though, best trout I've ever had.