Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

I will be in said group or riding at my own pace. I'm in no hurry, nor do I want to fuck up my bike or myself.

^^^

This, Plus this will be my first time riding the gap and i would like to enjoy the ride!!

my theory my first time was be easy and learn it and get comfortable because I can always go back. Trust me when I say you will want to go back and will be back.

Go early in the AM or later in the evening around dinner time because its usually a lot less traffic and for me at least I felt less nervous and more focused on me as opposed to who am I going to hold up behind me going slow

also the best advice I got right before riding the dragon came from Pauly and all he told me was approach every turn like your taking a 90* at an intersection. The difference that made from the way I had been taking turns was night and day and made it so much easier

Not a good idea for a faster pace the roads have dew on them and are quite slick.

very true I should've mentioned that I used the AM for my slow pace get comfortable with it runs. I've only been down there twice and that was last year but man I am hooked, more on the area than the Dragon itself

very true I should've mentioned that I used the AM for my slow pace get comfortable with it runs. I've only been down there twice and that was last year but man I am hooked, more on the area than the Dragon itself

The Dragon is a novelty, the best stretch of 129 is between DGResort and Robbinsville way fast sweepers. Rookies on sport bikes keep in lower gears on the dragon and use less brake, I keep the FZ1 in 1st thru the turns almost never get past 2nd. Too much brake will overload front wheel and ouch. Smooth is the key.

The Dragon is a novelty, the best stretch of 129 is between DGResort and Robbinsville way fast sweepers. Rookies on sport bikes keep in lower gears on the dragon and use less brake, I keep the FZ1 in 1st thru the turns almost never get past 2nd. Too much brake will overload front wheel and ouch. Smooth is the key.

Agreed on that part of 129 and on low gears. I actually really enjoyed 129 from Alcoa to the dragon. It was gorgeous as was wayah rd.

i'll have my sammich maker with me so I'll be going slower.

Or I might just leave her behind to have a fresh sammich when I come back.

Added your sammich maker:

List of those going:

Casper's cabin:

1) Casper

2) MaxPower

3) Gump

4) MarlboroMan

5) CbrGirl (still a maybe)

cmh_sprint's cabin:

6) cmh_sprint

7) jstumpalump150

8) mykill

9) 2talltim

Bad324's cabin:

10) Bad324

11) Likwid

12) Isaac's Papa

1000rrrider's cabin:

13) 1000rrrider

14) 1000rrrider's +1

15) Hutch

16) Hutch's +1

bowdog's cabin:

17) bowdog

18) bowdog's sammich maker

19) CarWhore

20) CarWhore's sammich maker

camping:

21) granda080

22) rollnhot

23) 82packer

24) 82packer's +1

lodge room:

25) wht_scorpion

26) Jst2fst

Creekside:

27) ohiomike

28) ohiomike's +1

If this is gonna be anything like this past saturday, its gonna be a rough few days.

lucky for me i can resist partying that hard til Saturday night. I don't mind driving hungover but I cant do riding hungover

I'm not really talking about the drinking. I laughed so much saturday that I had no voice for the last 2 days.

Might have had to do with the alcohol turning me into a loud talker. :dunno:

well true that, it shall be a blast yet again on a grander scale

I am :D, I posted a few pages back, ill be camping with granda080

My bad. I missed that.

List of those going:

Casper's cabin:

1) Casper

2) MaxPower

3) Gump

4) MarlboroMan

5) CbrGirl (still a maybe)

cmh_sprint's cabin:

6) cmh_sprint

7) jstumpalump150

8) mykill

9) 2talltim

Bad324's cabin:

10) Bad324

11) Likwid

12) Isaac's Papa

1000rrrider's cabin:

13) 1000rrrider

14) 1000rrrider's +1

15) Hutch

16) Hutch's +1

bowdog's cabin:

17) bowdog

18) bowdog's sammich maker

19) CarWhore

20) CarWhore's sammich maker

camping:

21) granda080

22) rollnhot

23) 82packer

24) 82packer's +1

25) oldschoolsdime92

lodge room:

26) wht_scorpion

27) Jst2fst

Creekside:

28) ohiomike

29) ohiomike's +1

Just throwing this out there.... IMO. New riders and first time Gapers should stay together in a group led by a veteran Gap rider that is in no hurry and that won't hesitate to speak up and say something to someone getting over their head. This is no place for a ego or for someone with something to prove. Too far from home for another "incident" to happen like has happened on most every group ride I've been part of the last 2 seasons. I'm hoping the faster groups will step up and tell someone they need to go with a different group if the need arises. Its a long way to the bottom if you fuck up.

^^+1^^

90% of the dragon is in 1st gear, and the other 10% in second...if you hit 3rd your going tooo damn fast