Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

:stpattyparty:bubbys Im in for riding down or trailering I got a 7x14 enclosed cargo traler & my buddy dime bags got a 8x28 & a 8x24 enclosed cargo tralers I thank I coud work a deal to use if any buddy likes to trailer safe & unseen going to be saving up for strippers & blow for my bro

also with as many people going, I'm sure there will be several different groups with different riding styles. Making one massive group thing won't happen and probably shouldn't, just too much of a pain in the ass and too many different skill levels and wants.

For example both times I've gone, we go at what I'd consider a pretty brisk pace (again as a slow ass some others may think otherwise but its been perfect for me) and between 3-400 miles a day.

Just relax and ride slow enough that you are comfortable. You dont need to set track records at the Gap. No one will be impressed anyway. Also, not all of the roads around there are as intense as the Dragon. It will be crowded anyway. I think I rode it once last year just to say I did. Go find vids of Cherhola Skyway and Rt. 28. Those are the good roads IMO.

Those roads look way more in my comfort zone. I definitely want to ride the dragon but I will probably have more fun on those other roads.

:stpattyparty:bubbys Im in for riding down or trailering I got a 7x14 enclosed cargo traler & my buddy dime bags got a 8x28 & a 8x24 enclosed cargo tralers I thank I coud work a deal to use if any buddy likes to trailer safe & unseen going to be saving up for strippers & blow for my bro

That would be up to CMHSprint.

We are rolling in his diesel Excursion and pulling my 7x12 trailer. We fit 4 bikes on it last year and might have had enough room for 1 more 600. Bikewise, it sounds like its just the 4 of us (CMHSprint, Marlboro Man, Gump and me) unless Carie wants to take her RR cuz I think Ben is riding down. Carie is riding down with us if she is going.

Those roads look way more in my comfort zone. I definitely want to ride the dragon but I will probably have more fun on those other roads.

pretty much thats how it is. I did the Dragon to do it and its kind of fun once you get over the initial fear but I could honestly go down there and not touch the Dragon so long as I got to ride 28. As everyone who knows me, the limited amount of roads I've been on in the country, this is by far my favorite

this spring come out my way and there is a few roads in the valley that can get you started into getting used to being able to handle not so straight roads

:lol:

You want to trailer down bro.. We were going to use Max's trailer but maybe he'll take you up on this. Don't matter to me. Enclosed adds a lot of weight though.

adds weight we ant pulling it with a lessbarou last week I drove 75miles on bad hilly roads with 100studs 25sheets of dry wall &wire, glass,mud,tools,stuff in my truck & trailer & it drove like your s10 with a bike in the bed &

in a enclosed ther is no rain/dirt on bike lock & them up keeps tools speedos out of weather in a enclosed

Edited by marlboro man

adds weight we ant pulling it with a lessbarou last week I drove 75miles on bad hilly roads with 100studs 25sheets of dry wall &wire, glass,mud,tools,stuff in my truck & trailer & it drove like your s10 with a bike in the bed so maxs subn whoud work fine or my truck we coud slap a bed in the back &

in a enclosed ther is no rain/dirt on bike lock & them up keeps tools speedos out of weather in a enclosed

It would cost us $1500 to drive your truck down and back.

With all this trailer talk I am not sure who has what and how many bikes are on them so if anyone has a spot open, I call it lol

Edit: Let me rephrase that, if anyone has a spot open with a vehicle that does not require tanker truck of fuel, I call it lol

this spring come out my way and there is a few roads in the valley that can get you started into getting used to being able to handle not so straight roads

I will definitely take you up on that offer.

Edited by JStump

Its not till June so hit up some group rides early in the year or make it a point to venture out to the twisties on your own.

Youll still have a blast no matter what.

Bad,

Im interested in the 3-400 mile days you guys got planned. I want to get around and explore more of the area.

funny thing you say that I just found 2 gas pump hillbilly swipers in the trailer that you bubbys got for me

Squeegies. I have pics of Tbut driving your truck with his arm out the window clearing the rain off the windshield with that thing somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it.

Squeegies. I have pics of Tbut driving your truck with his arm out the window clearing the rain off the windshield with that thing somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it.

I was so glad to be riding in the rain that day. :lol:

With all this trailer talk I am not sure who has what and how many bikes are on them so if anyone has a spot open, I call it lol

Edit: Let me rephrase that, if anyone has a spot open with a vehicle that does not require tanker truck of fuel, I call it lol

IF one of my buddies don't go u can have the empty spot on my rig(would put u 3rd in line)(spliting gas in mine would be be$60 to $80 each round trip pending on gas prices)...I should know for sure mid next week...I might also need to split a room with somone..I was left out in the cold.LOL

Well we have a spot in our cabin and by we I mean mykill and spirit, and I like that price for gas.

ok ill let you know as soon as i know...i talked to my buddie last night and hes thinking if he goes we might ride down and stay the whole week...but if he bails im haulin and the trailer spot is yours and ill take that cabin spot with ya

Not against riding down at all here, but I have made that trip many times, it sucks, unless there is time for staying off the Interstate.

So ride down 23. From here I mapped it at about 7.5 hrs, going the speed limit....lol

Excellent. I'm not exactly mr know it all however I know enough to at least get ya started and more comfortable with that kind of riding. Everyones gotta start somewhere and it wasn't too long ago I was in the same position so I don't mind helping

Bad,

Im interested in the 3-400 mile days you guys got planned. I want to get around and explore more of the area.

for sure, I pretty much counted on the fact you joining us since you're a like minded individual in riding style, pace and what not. I just find it easier and more comfortable for everyone involved to try and stick to a like minded group.

Plus you have good taste in motorcycles so that automatically gives you a leg up lol