Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

Some of you may have heard rumors. Yesterday I received the contract and can now announce it officially: For the 6yr anniversary, we're going to Deals Gap.

So, how is this going to work, you ask? The only official, organized part of the weekend is Saturday evening/night, June 9th. We have a firepit reserved at Fontana Village (firepit circled on the map below). This will be meet and greet style. Come out, enjoy some beverages (alcohol is permitted, but have it in a plastic cup or in a coozie), make some s'mores, and just have fun. Food for Saturday night will be determined once we figure out how many people are going (probably all just chip in and get pizza or something). There is a bar/restaurant there on the property as well.

The rest of the weekend is up to you. When you come down, where you ride, who you ride with, where you stay (Fontana Village discounts below if you want to stay there), etc is completely up to you. I know I personally will be hitting the restaurant we found last year on 129 in Georgia for some amazing trout and awesome roads at some point.

If you're a newer member or just don't know any/many folks from here, don't worry. There will be riders of all skill levels for you to ride with. The key to this weekend is to ride your own ride. Enjoy the weekend, and be safe. This isn't a competition or a race. This is just a good weekend away with friends.

In the end, you are responsible for yourself. This is, of course, an "at your own risk" type event. Motorcycling is dangerous. These roads are dangerous. Be careful. Ohio Riders (and/or it's owners, blah blah blah) cannot be held liable for anything (like, but not limited to, traffic tickets, accidents, stupidity, death, etc).

The general consensus of those I've spoken with and are already planning on going has been get there Thursday the 7th and leave Sunday the 10th, but the group discount is good through the 11th if you want to stay an additional day.

Fontana Village

300 Woods Road

Fontana Dam, NC 28733

828-498-2211 option 1

Ohio Riders Group Discounts:

Lodge rooms with two queens beds -- $95 per night

2bdr Hemlock cabins (1 queen, 2 twins, 1 bath, newly updated, have their own firepits) -- $149 per night

2bdr Azalea cabins (1 queen, 2 twins, 2bath) -- $189 per night

Campsites (allowed two tents per site) -- $20 per night

Reservations are now open. Call 828-498-2211 option 1 to book your room, cabin, or campsite.

aRjSp.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=fontana+village&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=us&hq=fontana+village&cid=0,0,5585993814677666575&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0&iwloc=A

------------------------------------------------

Events Happening at Fontana Village:

Country Rockin'Thursdays with Larry Patton - June 7th

Join Texas-born Country Blues Rocker Larry Patton for his Country Rockin' Thursdays on the deck at the Wildwood Grill from 8:00pm - 10:00pm throughout the summer.

Summer Concert Series: Logan Murrell - June 8th

Singer-Songwriter Logan Murrell performs live on stage at the Wildwood Grill. 7:30pm - 11:30pm.

Summer Ghost Tours - June 9th

Contact the Outdoors Program for more information. Learn about the history and lore of Fontana Village stretching back to the building of Fontana Dam in the 1940's.

------------------------------------------------

List of those going:

Casper's cabin:

1) Casper

2) MaxPower

3) Gump

4) MarlboroMan

5) CbrGirl

cmh_sprint's cabin:

6) cmh_sprint

7) jstumpalump150

8) mykill

9) 2talltim

Bad324's cabin:

10) Bad324

11) Likwid

12) Isaac's Papa

1000rrrider's cabin:

13) 1000rrrider

14) 1000rrrider's +1

15) Hutch

16) Hutch's +1

bowdog's cabin:

17) bowdog

18) bowdog's sammich maker

19) CarWhore

20) CarWhore's sammich maker

jgetz524's cabin:

21) jgetz524

22) FZRMatt

Camping:

23) granda080

24) rollnhot

25) 82packer

26) 82packer's +1

27) oldschoolsdime92

Lodge:

28) wht_scorpion

29) Jst2fst

30) Habi

31) quwip10

32) quwip10's backpack

33) quwip10's +1

34) gen3flygirl

35) CarWhore

36) dirtygary

37) jagr

Creekside:

38) ohiomike

39) ohiomike's +1

Timeshare type cabin with girlfriend:

40) idodishez

41) idodishez's girlfriend

Maybes:

dustinsn3485

rawlins87

rawlins87's +1

Uncle Punk

Will there be any meets before this I got quite afue questions about it some are probly stupid but would like to talk to some one who has done a ride like this before. Thx
I'm sure there will be several meet and greets this Spring, and probably even a few more this winter. Come on out to anything. Anyone will be willing to answer any questions you have. Hell, you could just post them on the forum as well.

Its about damn time you posted this :D

Me, Likwid and Pauly are in for a cabin...talked to them last night. We'll be there the 7-10 for sure...maybe 11th. We will definitely be doing 28S into Georgia and Cherhola or BRP or both maybe or if Pauly has other ideas. We rock a pretty good pace and like to get in a lot of miles while were there cause we are awesome :D So if you don't like or aren't comfortable with a quick pace, quick gas stops, awesome lunch stops or getting schooled by a bear on a VROD don't feel obligated to go out of your comfort zone to join the A group

Edit: I've been drinking all day so take the sarcastic ego with a grain of salt as I'm trying to be comical but at the same time trying to limit future issues

Edited by Bad324

FYI...

Likwid and I stayed in the lodge last year and its pretty reasonable for the price, I have no complaints. Just see if you can request a first floor room because then you can park it right outside your door. Its also pretty much perfect for 2 people, wouldn't suggest more unless you wanna sleep 2 dudes in a bed

I have to be home on the 11th Bad... can't miss wedding anniversary again this year :)

But yah, see you all there.

ok then 7-10th for us for sure. She's a pretty understanding wife, clearly since she married you, but even I wouldn't try to take advantage of missing the anniversary 2 years in a row

Count me in. Interested in sharing a cabin too.

Well I think we need to get another Triumph rider and go in on a cabin together. All other brands will be charged an extra $10 fee ;)

I just called the local cycle shop to get my bike in for a tune up and fork rebuild so I am ready for this trip!

lol, I kind of want to hit that BBQ place at the end of cherohala.... I'd like to actually eat my coleslaw instead of throwing it on the ground :(

It's just too bad I won't be able to indulge in quite as much sweat tea this time ... damn wilfred brimleys

Oh.. and hitting up that little diner we had lunch at last time. I can't remember that girl's name' date=' but I'd eat 3-week old catfish out of her posterior if she'd let me. That's no lie. :eek:[/quote']

I hope you're not talking about the diner where Kosmo overfilled... cuz... well... she was sweet and all, but a little old for you ;)

LoL... no. :nono:

I think everyone that was on our "Holy Shit' date=' BamBam... Slow the Fuck Down!" ride knows the southern belle to which I am referring.[/quote']

Yah yah yah ;)

Still best moment, "Bam, did you see Pauly messing with Bad! It was hilarious... he almost turned his bike off!"

Bam: That's dangerous... and not funny at all....