Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

I was saying "Oh my God" over and over I can't believe we're doing this, "Oh my God" what did he just do, "Oh my God" where did he go?

This trip restored all Ducati riders into the rider category. Turnone and I.P. can flat out ride. Turnone left me with boiled off brake fluid trying to stay with him.

I had to continue telling myself " let go of the brake and lean harder it will stick." I have always tried to stick by your rule of riding at 75% so there is some in reserve for the unexpected. Saturday with you two had me at 110% of my comfort zone most of the ride. Made me remember how much I miss your releasing the demons rides and how much more the bike is capable of than I am. And how out of shape I am, I was completely exhausted after that ride. You two are a power house to follow.

He did not have it on, I told him not to bother because it would just be of scenery.

That sucks, which is why I'm considering a second camera for a dual setup. Mount it to the swingarm or something. From what I saw he's pretty fast.

You weren't slow shooting up TN-68' date=' following UP. After chasing him across GA-180/60 I was just too shagged to keep that hot of a pace. You were zooming, brother. Much kudos.

:bow:[/quote']

I was laughing the whole time. I was having a blast.

I cant wait to ride with you guys again. Thanks for letting me tag a long.

Thanks for all the compliments. You guys are a great bunch. I personally felt my greatest accomplishment was getting girls from the grill over to the firepit.

Also a big thanks for helping Chandler and I feel welcome.

We had a great time. We want I to go back early July. I didnt realize what I have been missing. I only took one video and it was me going 30 moh up the gap due to the cop. I can never remember to turn that thing on.

Chris

Did you check your battery connections?

Yes. Easy to check. Body panels don't even have to come off. Just small cover over battery. They are tight. I'll swap the battery tomorrow night to test.

thanks for the tip.

Chris

lol...I have zero memory of this...no wonder my gut hurts...

Bwahaha...on one hand you should be glad you don't remember but on the other it would be nice to remember the entertainment you provided. Just remember to pick up a Mr. Microphone before the next party you go to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUR0GYpUdlU

Fast forward to the :19 second mark

Thanks for all the compliments. You guys are a great bunch. I personally felt my greatest accomplishment was getting girls from the grill over to the firepit.

We had a great time. We want I to go back early July. I didnt realize what I have been missing. I only took one video and it was me going 30 moh up the gap due to the cop. I can never remember to turn that thing on.

Chris

Chris it was great meating you and getting to ride, and can't forget the Jagar bombs

:lol: I think someone spiked the Captain. I remember making burgers and talking to Rawlins and his lady, after that, it's blank. (Minus getting tackled on my walk home)

Chris

You two fit in like family how did your adventure work out at.the.meet and greet?

I got home around 5:30 this afternoon. Ended up riding almost 1800 miles in 5 days. It was nice meeting some new faces. Pauly, Brian, Matt, Todd & Mike. it was great riding with you Friday. North Georgia has some nice roads. Brian & Pauly thanks for saving my trip.

It was nice meeting you. :bow:

I remember talking inside my lid when I was following Uncle Punk. It was on 74 and on the Skyway. As he powered out of the corners' date=' and my bike was bouncing off the rev-limiter, I just kept saying, "God damn, that Honda's fast!"

:lol:[/quote']

When are we....

A. Going back? Id like to hit blood mountain.... :(

and

B. Getting a WV ride together? :D

Um.... not sure if you've been paying attention' date=' but my bike is no-worky. LoL...

I'm going back on the 22nd. You should come. I'd like to see you do 1000 miles in 24 hours on that CBR. I promise to stop calling you a pussy if you do.[/quote']

Its my weekend to work.....I can always request off....

PM details.

Look out for scooter on the Dragon.

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK016X061123&po=1123&pc=1142

I only made one pass on the Dragon while down there and it was on the scooter. I had a blast and should have done a few more passes but wanted to go see the folks over at Fontana before dark. I ended up riding back to my hotel in the dark anyway so I wish that I would have stayed for the fun. I didn't miss not getting the bike on it at all. This is the first time being there that I have been on other roads instead of the Dragon, Cherahola or 28. This is the most fun I have had down there by far though.

I vote 60 as being the best road evar! Four of us took her the other direction Saturday and had a blast. I got schooled by Turnone on it with much enjoyment.

Thanks Ken and Pauly for introducing me to her. What a great group of guys to go riding with Friday. I didn’t really plan to ride Friday but I am so glad I went with you guys because it will make my future visits to the area that much more enjoyable. As an added bonus I got to ride in a group that included a Harley in it and wasn’t pissed off at all because it wasn’t holding the group up, good times for sure.

We had to cut our ride short Saturday because I finally shagged my rear tire. Had a new 190/55 Pure mounted, loaded the bike in the trailer, took the scooter out and never got the bike back out again because of the rain Sunday.

I have heard for years that there are better roads in the area and couldn't imagine it being true so I never ventured out. What a mistake that has been and I promise it will never happen again.

I had lunch with Turnone and his son Sunday waiting for the rain and wet roads to clear but it never did so I decided to go visit my brother in Apex, N.C. for the day and would drive home as planned Monday. Wrong, I am still in Apex waiting for a new oil pan to be installed. I had a small leak that I was going to take care of when I got home, well it must have opened up on the trip and the truck would smoke badly when I pulled a steep upgrade hill from the oil burning off the exhaust. I burned and leaked two quarts of oil the first tank of gas getting out of the Gap area. This is going to cost about $1,400 to have fixed, luckily I brought work with me so I haven't lost much time plus I got to see my brother. As an added bonus while he was working yesterday I got to go see my nieces dance recital practice so I have that going for me.

I remember talking inside my lid when I was following Uncle Punk. It was on 74 and on the Skyway. As he powered out of the corners' date=' and my bike was bouncing off the rev-limiter, I just kept saying, "God damn, that Honda's fast!"

:lol:[/quote']

"Haya-boosa, you can't catch me"

When are we....

A. Going back? Id like to hit blood mountain.... :(

and

B. Getting a WV ride together? :D

yes to A and B please :D

I am a pussy, I will not do the Iron Butt ride!

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01OR070159&po=159&pc=1011

This was sport bike victim number four out of five that the scooter passed on my one Dragon ride over the weekend. I love the 250 scooter, the horn isn't as good as the one on the 150 but it hauls balls.

Turnone

533129_10151043513428140_367211586_n.jpg

That bike is too beautiful & fast.

Edited by Uncle Punk