New Springfield XDS. What is ur thoughts?

dragnframe

So I have been thinking about picking up a lc9 for a summer gun to carry for the sheer size of it. Then i see that springfield is coming out with a xds45. States that its widest point would be a inch, which would be nice for a everyday carry summer gun. If they dont have a release date and some people are saying march, When do you think the stores will get them. So just wondering if you guys have any info, as it seems you fools seem to know ur chit when it comes to things like this.

P.s. dont get a big head cause i said u know your chit.:D

I know I will be buying the XDs .45. Springfield has never let me down before and I absoutely love the XD series of guns.....

I am wavering. I am pretty happy knowing I am carrying 10 +1 in my XDm 40. I'm different (as most of you have figured out by now) in that I actually prefer the the recoil of a 40. It feels very smooth to me to get back on target for a follow up shot. However it is a bit tough to keep concealed on my skinny ass, but I am old enough that I just don't care what other people think anymore.

I am wavering. I am pretty happy knowing I am carrying 10 +1 in my XDm 40. I'm different (as most of you have figured out by now) in that I actually prefer the the recoil of a 40. It feels very smooth to me to get back on target for a follow up shot. However it is a bit tough to keep concealed on my skinny ass, but I am old enough that I just don't care what other people think anymore.

I am carrying the XD .40 SC now and love it, but something a bit smaller with a bigger punch would definately be nice.

I am carrying the XD .40 SC now and love it, but something a bit smaller with a bigger punch would definately be nice.

Please elaborate on why the need for "more punch" than a 40. And as to how having only 6 rounds is even worth "more punch" Tell me what you can do with that that I can't do with my 9 of almost the same size that also has the advantage of 13 rounds?

The 9mm and .40 are supposed to be released shortly after the .45ACP. I agree the .45 should have been last, but I am not in a hurry. I will have one of the XDs .40s when they are released. I love my XD, and am happy waiting. I didn't like the trigger on the LC9. If it works for you and you want it now, go for it. I was pretty excited about the LC9 when they were being released, until I actually got to check it out in person.

I carry a xdm40 now and love it. Iam just wondering how long the wait will be. The 5+1 doesnt bother me, if I cant stop the attack in 6 rds I wont be able to stop it in 8 or 9. Plus the weight saving is nice for a summer gun. Why not carry a 45 if you can, isnt the point of carring to stop an attack if it happens? So why not have something with some heavy knock down power? Like my instuctor said you are responsable for every round that comes out of that gun,so worrying about where one or two rounds is going to go is more then enough for me to worry about,let alone 12 or more rds.

From a guy who carries 5 rnds of .38+P a good portion of the time, if 5+1 of .45 feels right, so-be-it. Although the XD line has a record better than most, I wouldn't wait in line for that first run. Let 'em work out the kinks (I think I read that the first run of M&PS gave the users genital herpes). I wonder how this measures against any of the small 1911s out there.

Edited by C-bus

I carry a xdm40 now and love it. Iam just wondering how long the wait will be. The 5+1 doesnt bother me, if I cant stop the attack in 6 rds I wont be able to stop it in 8 or 9. Plus the weight saving is nice for a summer gun. Why not carry a 45 if you can, isnt the point of carring to stop an attack if it happens? So why not have something with some heavy knock down power? Like my instuctor said you are responsable for every round that comes out of that gun,so worrying about where one or two rounds is going to go is more then enough for me to worry about,let alone 12 or more rds.

6 rounds of .45 probably weigh as much if not more than 12 rounds of 9mm I'll take the 9mm

9, 40, 45 will all stop somebody ....its just what you prefer to shoot...13rds of 9mm > 6 rds of 45

and if you talk ballistics, i believe .40 to have "more punch" than .45 or 9mm

my current carry gun is a .40, i bought it because i got a good deal on it and i like the .40 round. if i had found the same deal on a 9mm, i would have picked it up instead. you cant go wrong with either caliber, and while theres nothing wrong with .45 i kind of see it as a losing round for carry.... 9mm has the most capacity and is plenty powerful to stop a threat, .40 has slightly worse capacity than 9mm but still decent, and has the most stopping power.... .45 comes in third with less capacity and only second best stopping power

Have you shot a lc9? I like mine a lot. The long trigger pull is good since I don't carry it with the safety on.

this is one of my favorite perks of my EDC is a long first pull...is LC9 dao, or da/sa?

From a guy who carries 5 rnds of .38+P a good portion of the time, if 5+1 of .45 feels right, so-be-it. Although the XD line has a record better than most, I wouldn't wait in line for that first run. Let 'em work out the kinks (I think I read that the first run of M&PS gave the users genital herpes). I wonder how this measures against any of the small 1911s out there.

i was considering a small 1911 for a while...i like the colt defender

i wouldnt really put it in the same category as these guns....it was almost identical in size to my HK sub compact....there would be a highly noticeable difference between an lc9 and a 3" 1911, weight and size

Edited by Steve Butters