Looking for women riders...

Hoops

I'm in total agreement. I'm not a fan of these events. If you want to donate to a charity you shouldn't need a pay to ride in a parade event to want to donate. The best meaning behind a donation is when you don't need praise or attention for doing it, you just privately do it because you feel it's right. I work with a Harley rider that goes to donate but doesn't do the ride. I applaud him for that because he doesn't need the attention of feeling "cool" riding in a huge group. Many ride for the wrong reasons and I avoid riding with those people. I am passionate about my riding and get annoyed by the attention whores. I don't get why people ride for that type of riding. I think those types truly don't understand what it's likes to be a TRUE motorcyclists....they own a bike for the wrong reasons.

Just my right of opinion. ;)

Not that I have ever done a ride like that, but my understanding is the "parade" part has a lot to do about attracting attention to the cause that one is supporting.

I just see hundreds of riders clogging roads and people out in cars or riding just see them and have no idea why so many bikes are together because all they see is hundreds of people on hogs killing the traffic. Now if they had a huge banner on their bikes I can see that. Also tons just do it to try to look cool in the big snail ride. Hold a charity event and keep it off the roads IMO. :cheers: I just shared my opinion, not really looking for a conversation about it. :cheers:

Edited by NinjaNick
  • Upvote 1

wow what a nice way to tell me to STFU. Rep to you sir.

:lol: Sorry, I honestly didn't mean that in a disrespectful way. It does read like that but its not meant that way Sapphy. ;) I'm just busy. I'm actually posting this in a parking lot before I go in a store. :lol:

:lol: Sorry, I honestly didn't mean that in a disrespectful way. It does read like that but its not meant that way Sapphy. ;) I'm just busy. I'm actually posting this in a parking lot before I go in a store. :lol:

lol, its all good, and I did rep you for it

Not that I have ever done a ride like that, but my understanding is the "parade" part has a lot to do about attracting attention to the cause that one is supporting.

Do you honestly believe that?;) Kinda like a charity ride for a Children's Hospital, for kids that have had traumatic head injuries. Yet the majority of riders for the charity don't wear helmets or gear......see where I am going with this? Organize a poker run against drinking and driving, bet there won't be much of a turnout.:p I know that I am being negative, but in my 1 experience and opinion, they are total horseshit. Dress up in your costumes and ride 30 mph from 1 bar to the next, rev your obnoxious straight pipe tractors and wave to everybody. Yup.....that creates plenty of attention.

Do you honestly believe that?;) Kinda like a charity ride for a Children's Hospital, for kids that have had traumatic head injuries. Yet the majority of riders for the charity don't wear helmets or gear......see where I am going with this? Organize a poker run against drinking and driving, bet there won't be much of a turnout.:p I know that I am being negative, but in my 1 experience and opinion, they are total horseshit. Dress up in your costumes and ride 30 mph from 1 bar to the next, rev your obnoxious straight pipe tractors and wave to everybody. Yup.....that creates plenty of attention.

So your basing the whole thing on ONE experience? I have done a bunch of poker runs for very good causes. I'm not a fan of the follow the leader all in one group ride, so I normally run my own route. However, not all of them are run that way. Just because the stops are at bars doesn't mean everyone drinks.

She came on here to advertise about a CHARITY poker run. And a bunch of you guys jump all over the person, because you don't like poker runs. Who gives a shit, if your such a badass rider and ride for the joy of riding, why are you sitting in front of your computer or your phone instead of out riding while its 70 degrees. You have ran off a bunch of riders because they don't ride sport bikes, and your excuse is "they need to get thicker skin". So I gave you trolls some more fodder, but the difference is, I am going out to actually ride my bike, while you bitches act like teenage bullies.

• Upvote 1

Yeah and a +1 to what Meanie said.

I guess I do do "Parade Rides" with the Patriot Guard. We're just out there to clog up traffic with our bikes riding around with a Hearse carrying dead soldiers. We are totally in it to get attention.

So your basing the whole thing on ONE experience? I have done a bunch of poker runs for very good causes. I'm not a fan of the follow the leader all in one group ride, so I normally run my own route. However, not all of them are run that way. Just because the stops are at bars doesn't mean everyone drinks.

She came on here to advertise about a CHARITY poker run. And a bunch of you guys jump all over the person, because you don't like poker runs. Who gives a shit, if your such a badass rider and ride for the joy of riding, why are you sitting in front of your computer or your phone instead of out riding while its 70 degrees. You have ran off a bunch of riders because they don't ride sport bikes, and your excuse is "they need to get thicker skin". So I gave you trolls some more fodder, but the difference is, I am going out to actually ride my bike, while you bitches act like teenage bullies.

I already went for a ride today.........next.;) And I ride all year, so when the weather is warm it just makes it more comfy is all. You just ride locally or do you actually take a serious road trip, just curious is all? A group ride of more than 5 or 6 is just too much IMHO, and even harder when the riders are of different skill levels. Enjoy your ride today, I am about to eat the ribs I smoked and drink a large quantity of beer "at home".

Yeah and a +1 to what Meanie said.

I guess I do do "Parade Rides" with the Patriot Guard. We're just out there to clog up traffic with our bikes riding around with a Hearse carrying dead soldiers. We are totally in it to get attention.

In my mind that is much different, sure others will agree. By the way....I would be honored to ride in a group like that.

Edited by Pokey

In my mind that is much different, sure others will agree. By the way....I would be honored to ride in a group like that.

I'd be happy to ride with you as well. We unfortunately will keep doing Patriot Guard work for some time so you'll get your chance.

I'm usually the only non cruiser guy. I don't wear PG colors but I stand the line with them. They have NEVER uttered a snarky comment to me. Just a smile, a handshake and a "thanks for coming".

The Fallens Family usually thanks us and tries to muster a smile. It gets emotional.

I have never seen any Westboro nuts though we have had idjits show up with their "9/11 was an inside job" signs. They generally keep to the edge and we form a Flag line for the family.

Anyway. I guess if someone feels strongly about a cause to organize it and carry it through who am I to shit on it. I hear you about the drunks but hell aren't they everywhere anyway? THEY are the ones that need SHAT on. not the cause champions.

We are all as different as we are alike. This community is heavily segregated as it is. We need to change that.

• Upvote 1

We are all as different as we are alike. This community is heavily segregated as it is. We need to change that.

It's called stereotyping and I'm as guilty as anyone for doing it. It is what happens when we recognize the few poor actors instead of the masses of others who just enjoy the ride no matter what it's on.

We Ride, We Smile, We All Do It on Two Wheels:burnout::flag:

Hoops club just like many others also stereotype...not every lady can join to help what they are supporting. If you are doing something for cherity all should be welcome, not just cruiser type bikes or bikes over 500cc. For that matter for cherity even men should be able to ride. You can have a club and Sponser an event without all the requirements of the club. To come on a forum with all kinds and state you can only join if you meet certain requiretment and expect a positive response is asking to much. She could of simply intro herself and later when she had an event invite everyone to help and then try to gain members from the women who showed on 500CC+ cruisers. Just an opinion I do not intend on offending anyone