What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Was a bit lackluster on the skeet field today. Couldn't find my rhythm. Trap was great....skeet...not-so- much.

Which did you do first? Fatigue? Skeet requires a lot more movement.

Trap first. Averaged 22 over four rounds. Shot another six rounds of skeet and couldn't break 15 in a round.

Probably were just tired.  It's still early in the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been on for a decade it feels. Teaching a class tomorrow then packing Sunday to leave for a class with a federal instructor in Missouri. Then June is booked with me either teaching a class or taking a class. Going to be hectic.

Haven't been on for a decade it feels. Teaching a class tomorrow then packing Sunday to leave for a class with a federal instructor in Missouri. Then June is booked with me either teaching a class or taking a class. Going to be hectic.

Missouri? What kind of training is it?

New keep-it-simple rifle... Just put this together.

Aeroprecision upper and lower

PSA mock-Dissipator barrel (Carbine length barrel, mid-length gas system, rifle length site radius)

RRA Entry stock w/ a Fulton Armory spacer w/QD (=same LOP as collapsible stock in 2nd position)

Surplus M16A1 handguards

gallery_11896_1381_1089871.jpg

New keep-it-simple rifle... Just put this together.

Aeroprecision upper and lower

PSA mock-Dissipator barrel (Carbine length barrel, mid-length gas system, rifle length site radius)

RRA Entry stock w/ a Fulton Armory spacer w/QD (=same LOP as collapsible stock in 2nd position)

Surplus M16A1 handguards

HA! A2 flat top or carry handle upper? Can't quite tell by looking. And did you get a taller front sight base to match? If it was carry handle upper. Or is it even necessary for a carry handle on a flat top? Curious he is.

edit: you need some old school 20 round mags...

Edited by ReconRat

HA! A2 flat top or carry handle upper? Can't quite tell by looking. And did you get a taller front sight base to match? If it was carry handle upper. Or is it even necessary for a carry handle on a flat top? Curious he is.

edit: you need some old school 20 round mags...

Flat top upper with the taller FSB. Have a few old 20 round mags...

gallery_11896_1381_1036155.jpg

Flat top upper with the taller FSB. Have a few old 20 round mags...

ummm, where'd you pick up your tall FSB from? Numrich gun parts?

nevermind, it's the integral carry handle upper that requires the old style FSB.

Everything else is all the same. (Except the bore diameter.)

edit: just to be confusing, I now read that there are four different rear sight shelf heights on detachable carry handles. Can't tell which one it is till it arrives and is measured. No clue on that...  Ok, the two basic types match the height of the FSB. Some manufacturers use the old lower FSB with the flat top and then add a carry handle that is lower to match. It's .040" difference. Won't notice much if mismatched until trying to use at greater range.

Edited by ReconRat

So I finished up my TAC 2 with D.E.C./A.D.P. great class. I got more from this class and getter instruction than I received from similar classes. I highly recommend them and I will have a review up on the blog soon.

BTW, I am pretty confident that if it comes down to me defending my life in the pouring down rain I have it covered. Apparently I'm the damn rain man because every class I have been to lately, teaching or as a student, we have gotten dumped on.

post-9726-0-75283200-1401075717_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Got a steal on a benelli supernova tactical... have yet to shoot it but it feels like butter, rotating bolt, shoots up to 3 1/2 and has ghost sights so we shall see soon. Going to need a mag extender though

Edited by shep

20140609_082230.jpg

Picked up my first 1911 this weekend. I love this thing Sig really does a great job for the price point their 1911 line sells for. I've heard of some big Q.C. issues they have had recently but there is not one thing wrong with this one. I've shot three different types of ammo through it without one hick up.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I got to feel up a new Kel-Tec KSG last night.  I reigned in my want, and managed to put it back on the shelf.

I would enjoy test firing it before I bought one. Surprisingly not an audacious price tag either.

Edited by Cdubyah

• Casper unpinned this topic