What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Well, no real shooting anytime recently as I am about out of pistol ammo.  WTF  :crazy:    So yesterday and today I have been on a reloading binge.  650 rounds of .40S&W last night and this morning and another 400 rounds of 9MM today.  Got more brass in the tumbler now for the 9mm just waiitng for it to finish up.  Here are a couple pictures of the 9mm progress.

IMG_20151105_152304810.jpg

IMG_20151105_160223493_HDR.jpg

Mine is the wannabe ammo factory. :)  I have the Lee Loadmaster, it's a 5 station auto indexing progressive press.  When I get it tweeked and running nice it will easily do 275-300 an hour by myself.  If I have somebody to lend a hand with keeping the case feeder stocked and the loaded round catch bin empty I can do 350 an hour with a nice steady pace.  My tumbler finished another bucket of cases so I ended up doing another 200 rounds of 9mm since my post earlier.  I'll finish the last 200 or so cases I have left in the morning and hopefully switch over to 45ACP for a few hours.  I have several hundred cases ready to go and the tumbler is chewing on 300 more right now.  It's a lot of work but man has this thing been one of my better purchases.

Shot sporting clays for the 1st time in my life at Hill N Dale, Medina, last week, 68 out of 100, and this week Upland Valley, Carrollton, 31 out of 50. I suck, but it's fun. Beats golfing any day.

Ordered a new Rifle from Dale at Delta Epsilon (Weatherby 257 magnum)  last week and she came in last night, ordering optic and some rounds for it in the next couple days and then off to the range.

just got back from the range (lunch time).  Only put 40 rounds through the 9, but i felt worlds better than the last time i shot it.  I am shooting low, quite badly - but I know it now.  Last time I was missing the target too often to figure out what I was doing.

Ordered a new Rifle from Dale at Delta Epsilon (Weatherby 257 magnum) last week and she came in last night, ordering optic and some rounds for it in the next couple days and then off to the range.

Purdy, what's that fir, Ohio deer?

Purdy, what's that fir, Ohio deer?

Thanks Bud! haha no not Ohio deer anyway....Didnt have a Weatherby and always liked them and then started looking at the 257 round and was intrigued. Plans are to use it for a hunt out west next year, hoping to be able to shoot dead center at 300 and be able to work out from there if needed.

• Upvote 1

PS: Delta is still open and the only thing that has changed is they dont have a store front... Give the Midget Todd or Dale a call before buying at any box store, both of them really know what they are talking about and are not going to give you some bull shit story just to sell you something.

• 1 month later...

Stock photo, but I just picked up a 5906. I forgot how much I like to shoot all steel guns. This one is a keeper.

acf4a9d.jpg

Buddy of mine has one of these, it's the first thing I grab when I'm over shooting his stuff. I try to seek it into my bag when he's not looking. .lol

Don't Judge. 

Dropped a $50 on a CO2 BB Ruger handgun to try and hold out spending a few hundred on a range gun for winter entertainment.  Has a decent weight 19 oz

Recycling bin raided for cans 

Basement mancave target range 

You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a trim nailer with a blindfold on. 

Quite fun and accurate, 100 rounds shot $.43 in consumables.

k2-_ecd54e3a-0abc-4c68-a25b-a6e4febad784

I have been looking around to purchase my first hand gun.  I think I have decided on a Glock 17 Gen 4.  I still want to do another round of research before I make my final decision but its looking like it will be the Glock.  Probably buying it next week.

I have been looking around to purchase my first hand gun.  I think I have decided on a Glock 17 Gen 4.  I still want to do another round of research before I make my final decision but its looking like it will be the Glock.  Probably buying it next week.

I love shooting the G17. I went from a G26, to a G19. I'd have the G17 but I carry and it's a little big for me to carry. Loved shooting it though.

ordered my Alien Gear "cloak tuck" 2.0 IWB holster a few minutes ago.   It should arrive shortly after my CCW class.  They're notoriously slow to ship, but knowing that, I am not expecting it quickly.   review to follow.

I have a 3.0 for my Shield, best holster I have worn.  Comfortable, good retention, and conceals very well.  I can wear most t-shirts with no issues.

• Casper unpinned this topic