WTF O.R aka casper

gixxie750

I've been trying to get this point across to him on AFJ. He doesn't see that his action directly represent his business.

Others there only see him as a victim, and see it as ORDN attacking him. They can't grasp that his previous actions on ORDN are what got him in such bad standings with members here. He see's Ben as "The Man" and is out to spite him even tho his reputation is the only one getting tarnished in this on going feud.

I don't think you should stress getting the point across. Sometimes mistakes have to be made in order to learn. Whether he learns from it or not is up to him.

If there's one more thing I would add it's that it really doesn't matter what people on AFJ's opinions are of Casper (Ben? I'm a noob so I'm not sure). He's not the one trying to make a living from owning a motorcycle shop. And I'm pretty sure their opinions do not effect any of the other OhioRiders livelihood. The only person who's livelihood and success that can be affected is Brandon's. So it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of who is right or wrong, all that matters is Brandon appears to be a stand up, honest guy. And not for our sake, but his.

As a new member who knows none of the history on this so I cannot make opinions either way, I do know that the way he is handling it is unprofessional and almost childish.

I haven't seen any of the OR supported vendors comment on this even though they probably have some strong opinions, and probably not positive. That's being smart. When you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all ;)

Unfortunately, the reason "small business" tends to fail is that just because you like something, or are even good at it, doesn't mean you know how to be successful.

This thread is a perfect example, noone wants to take their motorcycle to someone they don't trust. Just because you're a "professional" racer and know how to use a torque wrench doesn't mean you're qualified to start a business....

best of luck to you, maybe you need a bailout ;)

If you guys dont get it you just dont! My business is mainly focused on sportbikes and racing sportbikes. This site has potential for such riders to be members on here. There are few,but they are here. They all want to LEARN how to go fast and they want to make going fast cheap as possible so hence why I wanted to advertise. I dont need every single dude with bike needs to come to me. I offer something very specialized and OHIO is not exactly the most important thing to me. Locally we have mass customers doing regular services on their bikes and we love it,but we want to make sure the track guys/racers have a know current rider they can go to for parts and advise. Sure we carry ALL parts for all bikes,but most people go to a local place for that or turn to the NET. We will be fine and I'm amazed how fast its growing for it being just year 2. Next year i will be club racing again and all those guys know me personally and they don't care what i say online they just care that i know what I'm doing. If you race or want to race we have what you need or want. The other site sponsors are a great source of parts too,but they prob wont be there at the track to tell help you learn to use those parts. We will.

If you guys dont get it you just dont! My business is mainly focused on sportbikes and racing sportbikes. This site has potential for such riders to be members on here. There are few,but they are here. They all want to LEARN how to go fast and they want to make going fast cheap as possible so hence why I wanted to advertise. I dont need every single dude with bike needs to come to me. I offer something very specialized and OHIO is not exactly the most important thing to me. Locally we have mass customers doing regular services on their bikes and we love it,but we want to make sure the track guys/racers have a know current rider they can go to for parts and advise. Sure we carry ALL parts for all bikes,but most people go to a local place for that or turn to the NET. We will be fine and I'm amazed how fast its growing for it being just year 2. Next year i will be club racing again and all those guys know me personally and they don't care what i say online they just care that i know what I'm doing. If you race or want to race we have what you need or want. The other site sponsors are a great source of parts too,but they prob wont be there at the track to tell help you learn to use those parts. We will.

too small of a niche to be honest. you'd probably have more sales selling shinko tires to the masses than a few guys that are into racing stopping in for little shit. racers are probably the worst customers. they know everything (or so they like to think ) and do all the wrenching themselves.

sell harley shit and I bet your business would pick up 40%

too small of a niche to be honest. you'd probably have more sales selling shinko tires to the masses than a few guys that are into racing stopping in for little shit. racers are probably the worst customers. they know everything (or so they like to think ) and do all the wrenching themselves.

sell harley shit and I bet your business would pick up 40%

;) that I'll work

Serious question Brandon.

I really hate to complain,but I really need to be able to sell stuff here. We are in deep and I can supply everyone here with their parts for cheap as possible. Really need the help! I am full in and combine that with my first year of AMA pro I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Was this just trolling then? If you're business is really doing fine and you're just trolling then kudos to you.

you would be surprised how many track guys need stuff! GEAR is Huge and we try to make every sportbike rider get good deals on that too. Its a small niche,but we have filled it! I do get all types of bikes locally for everything under the sun and that will keep helping us build our inventory! What other shop have you been to that has,leathers,pitbull,woodcraft and race tires in stock? So many little things that no where I have ever been has in stock. Hell the local dealerships are hard pressed to have brake pads in stock lol.

you would be surprised how many track guys need stuff! GEAR is Huge and we try to make every sportbike rider get good deals on that too. Its a small niche,but we have filled it! I do get all types of bikes locally for everything under the sun and that will keep helping us build our inventory! What other shop have you been to that has,leathers,pitbull,woodcraft and race tires in stock? So many little things that no where I have ever been has in stock. Hell the local dealerships are hard pressed to have brake pads in stock lol.

they don't because they realized there is no market for it. how many sets of pads do you wear out? probably a set every few years? it's cheaper for them to just order it.

the service side is probably your biggest money maker like every other shop.

heck the guy down at bike bolts has a warehouse full of bikes it looks like that needs something worked on. he has practically nothing in the form of things to buy.

Serious question Brandon.

Was this just trolling then? If you're business is really doing fine and you're just trolling then kudos to you.

if I knew what was fine I could say yes. But since i'm at the begging of year 2 i figured we could branch out to other riders to help it grow. Fine is relative as I can pay the rent and electric there,but it needs to grow WAY further to be a success in my eyes.

if I knew what was fine I could say yes. But since i'm at the begging of year 2 i figured we could branch out to other riders to help it grow. Fine is relative as I can pay the rent and electric there,but it needs to grow WAY further to be a success in my eyes.

There's a big difference between, "I can pay the rent and utilities but I see this as being much bigger" and "I may have bitten off more than I can chew."

One it seems like you came here trying to look for sympathy... the alternative is, you just here and posted that to stir up shit and troll us... which again, was a pretty successful troll.

Obviously you are the one here that doesn't get it, and the few on your site talking about violence and me supposedly having a vindetta against you. As I've said before and I'll say again, I simply don't trust you. I've made my messages to you public in an attempt to clarify my reasons for not allowing you to be a sponsor. There is nothing for me to "own up to" as someone said on there. I've offered full disclosure. There is no hidden agenda here. I gave you an opportunity to prove you had changed and were indeed looking out for OR members' best interests. You instead decided to take the low road lying, being two-faced, and generally proving you are the person I thought you were. No big deal. Move on. This site sucks, remember? You've said it numerous times over the past three or four years. Just move on.

And for the record, OR is not a business. I filed for an LLC for legal reasons, as I advised Brandon to do when he started his site. If we were out to make money, we would not have donated an entire month's worth of supporter subscription fees to the Red Cross efforts after the tsunami. We operate in the red (means lose money for those who have made ridiculous comments about that) because we'd rather donate money to those in need than make a profit. This site is a hobby, not a money making venture. When doubting someone's intentions, follow the money. Who is trying to make money off you, and who could care less about the money? Not allowing Brandon to be a site sponsor is proof of this. I do not trust him thus don't want his $100 (yeah, that's all we charge per year to be a sponsor). OR has never been out to make money on anything. All money brought in pays for bandwidth, software, hardware, events, etc. or gets donated. For my taxes this year, we operated at a loss of right around $200. For me, $200 spent out of my pocket to provide this site to everyone free of charge is well worth it.

• Upvote 1

There's a big difference between, "I can pay the rent and utilities but I see this as being much bigger" and "I may have bitten off more than I can chew."

One it seems like you came here trying to look for sympathy... the alternative is, you just here and posted that to stir up shit and troll us... which again, was a pretty successful troll.

Have u ever quit your job of 14 years and went after your dreams not knowing outcome? Try that one on and see if you feel scared at all. Stop trying to act like i am being malicious. Yes I'm scared and looked for a site I have been a member on to help me help them. You have no Idea who I am or what I'm doing so quit acting like you do. I tried to handle this correctly thru casper with call to his phone,txts,Pm's facebook for months with no reply. Once I start a thread he instantly tells me I need to prove myself to him. Who the hell do you people like casper think you are?

Have u ever quit your job of 14 years and went after your dreams not knowing outcome? Try that one on and see if you feel scared at all. Stop trying to act like i am being malicious. Yes I'm scared and looked for a site I have been a member on to help me help them. You have no Idea who I am or what I'm doing so quit acting like you do. I tried to handle this correctly thru casper with call to his phone,txts,Pm's facebook for months with no reply. Once I start a thread he instantly tells me I need to prove myself to him. Who the hell do you people like casper think you are?

to be fair you worked for your father right? you could go back any time.

As for my site I have paid for it all 100% and i dont care what the Money part of it was. Its for fun so what's that point about. Your wife has nothing to do with my shop so that also does not count.

Serpen I can not just go back like nothing happened. My job position is gone.

Much like everyone else, the only way I know you is from this forum.

You came here posting up that you might have bitten off more than you can chew, and then let the conversation degrade into what it has. It takes 2 to tango, either side (you or anyone else) could have let it go, but as the business owner it was in your best interest to "be the bigger man"...

Food for thought man

I think you may need some e-bipolar meds.

I left my state job of 5 years to move my new family across the country to try my hand at what several say is one of the toughest non-military academies. I'm doing great because I made it happen not because I tried to use people I don't like.

You don't have to prove yourself to me. You make your own decisions in life. And I don't have to allow people I don't trust to be sponsors on this site. No big deal. As I said before, move on. We aren't 12 and I didn't just break up with you. I simply said at this time I will not allow you to be a sponsor on this website.

I am making it happen. I am not trying to use anyone. I am trying to help everyone. Yes i could act all proper and try to fit in with you,but then I would be like you and that would not be good. I will deff bump this thread in 5 years and we will see who is where.