dealer ride crash yesterday

aanda12

That corner is sneaky, especially for a noob riding a serious sportbike "and not familiar with" that panicked and target fixated. That is near my house by the way and that curve has messed with allot of people, especially if you are moving along at a good pace when approaching it.

well that is great to hear that he did not pass! i hate seeing riders go down, just freaked me out that my friend said that the guy had died after being there and seeing him snap his stuff up. Last time i saw a guy go down he did pass away. So with that said thanks for the info and Please Guys and Gals becareful out there!

That corner is sneaky, especially for a noob riding a serious sportbike "and not familiar with" that panicked and target fixated. That is near my house by the way and that curve has messed with allot of people, especially if you are moving along at a good pace when approaching it.

It's not too far from me, either...I hit it everyday when I was commuting to delaware for the last three months (thank god that's over for a while)....just a bit farther north of there on Red Bank, I was coming back from Delaware and entering a left hander. Yuppie in spandex riding a $10k bike oncoming and the blue SUV behind him swings wide (of course, road bikes are 10' wide) into my lane and we were going head on, mid corner. Second time in less than a week for me to prove the ST4's off road worthiness. I might start sticking to the freeways (as long as I can get on them safely in the direction I need to go)

There's a lot of bicyclists out on the country roads north and east of n'albany/westerville.

I have noticed a ton of bicyclists around the New Albany area. I've run into a few that ride two abreast and don't care when cars or motorcycles are behind them.

kinda harsh, dude. :eek:

"share the road"... :D

One of the rider's family members came in the store today to pick up his car. I was asked to make this statement.

The rider is resting in the hospital recovering form a dislocated knee and torn/detached ligaments. The rider does not have any broken bones. The rider is expected to make a complete recovery.

One of the rider's family members came in the store today to pick up his car. I was asked to make this statement.

The rider is resting in the hospital recovering form a dislocated knee and torn/detached ligaments. The rider does not have any broken bones. The rider is expected to make a complete recovery.

/thread

Good to hear...thanks for taking the time to update and clear up any misinformation.

Am I the only one that thinks 3 riders going down on a demo day is a little much? Is it that they just don't respect the bikes? Inexperience?

I rode the Victory Cross Country Arlen Ness Edition (very, very nice bike)....I think last year on an IP demo ride, and everyone seemed like seasoned riders.

By the way, glad to hear that they are all ok.

Am I the only one that thinks 3 riders going down on a demo day is a little much? Is it that they just don't respect the bikes? Inexperience?

Yes. Could also be they are trying to ride a bike outside of their normal class, like you have to lean on a sportbike harder than you would lean on a cruiser, for instance.

But I agree, 3 riders down for a single test day does strike me as a little excessive. But what are you going to do? You either offer test rides, and in doing so turn someone who was on the fence into a real buyer, or you let them sit in a showroom all day.

I have noticed a ton of bicyclists around the New Albany area. I've run into a few that ride two abreast and don't care when cars or motorcycles are behind them.

Not that I'm a fan of bicyclists on the roads or riding abreast, but that is legal in the ORC. And, they do it so that you're not tempted to squeeze by and clip one of them and instead pass using the oncoming lane...it's their rationale (not mine).

When I ride the roads, I use the berm and stay there....but I'm not your normal passive-aggressive spandex goober. I'd just as soon stay on the bike path that's designed for bikes.

Yep you know once people start hearing stuff , thanks pony for clearing that up. I was shaken up a little seeing this. glad he is going to be o.k. and the whole reason for the post was to find out information was true or not..

Edited by aanda12

Not that I'm a fan of bicyclists on the roads or riding abreast, but that is legal in the ORC. And, they do it so that you're not tempted to squeeze by and clip one of them and instead pass using the oncoming lane...it's their rationale (not mine).

When I ride the roads, I use the berm and stay there....but I'm not your normal passive-aggressive spandex goober. I'd just as soon stay on the bike path that's designed for bikes.

4511.27 Overtaking and passing of vehicles proceeding in the same direction.

It's also legal for a two-wheeler (either bicycle or motorcycle) to pass another two wheeler (either motorcycle or bicycle) in a single lane.

It is incorrect and not safe (and probably illegal), for the solo, or left side one of two abreast in a lane to not yield to another two-wheeler.

And I doubt it's ever come up in court, so it could go either way. (Note that an audible warning must be given.)

In other words, the law does not really distinguish much of a difference between bicycles and motorcycles, at some point in the past. Some of the rules haven't really changed a lot. The rules for bicycles tend to apply to motorcycles.

yeah, it's a gray thing...

Edited by ReconRat

They don't care because (as someone has already stated) they don't have to.

It is legal for a bicycle or bicycles to take the entire lane. And as previously

stated, the idea is to make the car behind them make a proper pass by going

out and completely around them rather than squeeze them off the road and

possibly clip them. No different then coming up on a Amish Buggy, slow down,

wait and pass.

I know it pisses most of us off, even me, and I ride a bicycle on the street

sometimes, but we have to share the road. :o

PS. Glad to hear the guy that dumped the gsxr is going to be ok.