dealer ride crash yesterday

aanda12

Same reason you can't just go test-drive a Ferrari. Idiots would go joyride it just because they can.

This guy would've been able to joyride regardless of whether or not he was in the market. You don't need a demo day to test ride (and crash)...

Not in market to buy, no reason to demo. Sounds pretty simple to me.

I would agree with you however that is not how this event was advertised. Read through these 2 pages. Suzuki demo truck at Pony Powersports May 19th & 20th

Someone even commented that they were not interested in buying and was then told to still come out and try them all just for the fun of it.

It could have been advertised differently if all they were looking for was buyers.

The way I read the original event thread was that this was a fun day put on by suzuki to try and turn me into a potential buyer as well as get me on some bikes I would not normally consider.

Edited by MiDe84

I think it's a great way to promote the manufacturers bikes.

I rode the strom after the guy dumped it. Just a few scratches on it and grass stains. The guy who was riding it was a complete moron. Left his young daughter there by herself as he test rode 2 bikes and was gone 20+ minutes each tIme.

I wish the guy a speedy recovery but leaving a child alone while he test drives is messed up!
So who got the kid while they were scraping calamari off the side of the church?

I think we might be a little confused from Mykill. He was referring to the guy who dumped the vstrom 650 abs into the grass after the guardrail. He was not hurt nor was the bike really damaged besides some dirt, grass, and bent passenger pegs.

The guy who crashed the GSXR 750 was alone as far as I know.

Damn, I was there Saturday early for the demos. A guy went out on a Boulevard with my group and dumped it in a slow turn turn right next to me while riding his girl. Neither was hurt, just embarrassed. Never realize how heavy these bikes are until they are horizontal. The reps were talking about how the rides were behind schedule after that. My 3:00 ride didn't leave until 3:20 and it was a very "spirited run" - best of the day. Hope that didn't have a factor in this guys crash. I thought it was a pretty good event myself. Definitely pushed the decision process in my mind.

Good God! Who are these people? Who 2-ups a bike for their first ride on it? That being said, I plan on taking the Pony up on it's offer during the Victory demo days in the fall.

Not in market to buy, no reason to demo. Sounds pretty simple to me.

I would've been there if I had nothing else going on and riding everything they'd let me ride, with no intention of buying in the forseeable furture. It's a manufacturer marketing demo, not like you're putting joyride miles on some dealer's inventory. Just gives me an informed opinion of what's out there.

Maybe KTM-Brian can chime in with the philosophy behind their demo events. I ride their stuff every chance I get with no real intention of buying (especially new). I always though it was just about putting asses in seats, generating interest, dispelling rumors, etc. Or maybe I'm just a lame yahoo.

Hope the individual is okay considering and hope this doesn't deter the manufacturers from providing these types of opportunities in the future.

Good God! Who are these people? Who 2-ups a bike for their first ride on it? That being said, I plan on taking the Pony up on it's offer during the Victory demo days in the fall.

They made you take it by yourself first then you could take a passenger. I took my gf on the vstrom and it was so much better than the CBR. I was behind the lead rider and it was a fun pace when possible. Pretty cool bike.

They made you take it by yourself first then you could take a passenger. I took my gf on the vstrom and it was so much better than the CBR. I was behind the lead rider and it was a fun pace when possible. Pretty cool bike.

Thinking about track-only for the Honda and getting something else for the street?

I always though it was just about putting asses in seats, generating interest, dispelling rumors, etc.

Well it did put asses in seats and in the grass, generated interest of police and ems so mission accomplished there.... however did not dispel rumors, but further solidified the gixxer stereotype :stirpot:

Edited by MidgetTodd
  • Upvote 1

I was riding a gixxar 1000 and came through ok. I'm fro demo rides this was the first one I did and rode two bike. I'm looking for a more relax bike rode the M109R first and loved the feel then the gixxar and it felt better than my cbr for a bit. I stuck to the ride within your means mind set on the new bikes.

I was riding a gixxar 1000 and came through ok. I'm fro demo rides this was the first one I did and rode two bike. I'm looking for a more relax bike rode the M109R first and loved the feel then the gixxar and it felt better than my cbr for a bit. I stuck to the ride within your means mind set on the new bikes.

I think Exarch hacked his account ^^^ :lol:

Thinking about track-only for the Honda and getting something else for the street?

Thats the plan if the right deal comes along. Looking for something to do more distance comfortably and is still fun.