anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

My next project is chili, since its cooling down outside and I can have a fire without melting my face off. I picked up this...

IMAG1750.jpg

I am going to make my hamburger into a loaf and smoke it on the smoker and while that's smoking , have the rest of the chili over the fire. Once the meat is done, I will add it to the chili and allow it to cook until dinner time over the open fire. Everything tastes better cooked on fire.... Right ?

Yeah, I'm not about to try chili going over a fire for as long as I cook it! :lol: I cook my chili for 8-10+ hours!

Hamburger? For chili? Are you out of your mind? Ugh... I thought this was a bbq thread? Brisket, pulled pork, etc... are MUCH better for chili! I use brisket, hence the task of trying to smoke my own brisket. My sweet 4 bean brisket chili is now award winning chili! I won the cookoff that I entered this past weekend, and have the trophy to prove it. I'm just too lazy to post pics of it. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not about to try chili going over a fire for as long as I cook it! :lol: I cook my chili for 8-10+ hours!

Hamburger? For chili? Are you out of your mind? Ugh... I thought this was a bbq thread? Brisket, pulled pork, etc... are MUCH better for chili! I use brisket, hence the task of trying to smoke my own brisket. My sweet 4 bean brisket chili is now award winning chili! I won the cookoff that I entered this past weekend, and have the trophy to prove it. I'm just too lazy to post pics of it. :lol:

My Chili isn't normal chili. I can't do spicey. My chili is real meaty( yes I use ground beef). I don't like chunks of brisket in chili. I'm sorta weird about it. It will be on the fire 8 or 9 hours simmering. I'm shooting for sweet and smokey, as my stomach doesn't do spice!

Mine is very hot! Its also knife and fork thick.
Now that's chili!

Oh, its delicious.....until afterwards when you go to drop stool......then theres all the screaming and burning and molten porcelin to deal with. But yeah, its pretty damn good:D

Got everything fired up around 10 this morning.

I had the idea to do chili over the fire. I decided to smoke the ground beef in my gasser, and on a whim I picked up a small brisket.

IMAG1772.jpg

IMAG1773.jpg

Ground beef smoked and ready for chili

IMAG1774.jpg

IMAG1775.jpg

Brisket done- this was my first attempt. It was alittle dry, but still very tastey

IMAG1777.jpg

IMAG1778.jpg

IMAG1779.jpg

IMAG1780.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

My Chili isn't normal chili. I can't do spicey. My chili is real meaty( yes I use ground beef). I don't like chunks of brisket in chili. I'm sorta weird about it. It will be on the fire 8 or 9 hours simmering. I'm shooting for sweet and smokey, as my stomach doesn't do spice!

That's why the brisket has to be "fall apart" done. Once it cooks in the chili, it falls apart into pieces and other than the flavor, you might miss it being in there! Of course with the brisket I made it wasn't quite THAT good, but it was good enough for the trophy! :lol:

Oh, its delicious.....until afterwards when you go to drop stool......then theres all the screaming and burning and molten porcelin to deal with. But yeah, its pretty damn good:D

That's how I like to make mine, but rarely do I get to make it that spicy. It's usually just a little warm, which to me, I can't even tell that it's hot.

I think for the next chili that I make, I'm going to smoke the peppers that I use in it, along with smoking another brisket.

• 3 weeks later...