Slow paced ride 9-15-12

Uncle Punk

i got to listen to 8-9 chapters of Tom Clancy's "Without Remorse" on the way to the meet up point and on the way home.

in between, it was an awesome ride, and everyone got home safe (that I know of) minus our little detour that doubled our ride home. stupid 44 detour.

it's been way too long since i went on a group ride, and I'm glad i did.

Did the pace really stay slow?

There were no noobs on the ride so the ride took a normal pace. A new rider showed up that could push a very respectable pace so we obliged him. Pauly used his do everything bike to lead on 555 while I worked with a guy on the slower tighter stuff, he was doing fine on the fast stuff.

I did get a wild hair for a short time trying to see what the Kia Sportage had. (Very impressive.)

What is the condition of 555?

We rode WV250 on Sat. It's usually one of my favs but the current condition is pretty terrible :(

The section of 555 that we were on was the best I've ever seen it. The pavement was in good shape, and other than a couple of the first corners, it was really clean. The rest of the roads were great too, and the surface on 83 was in much better shape (less slippery residue) than the last time I was on it with you and Dave.

Baller

2011_kia_sportage_f34_10-ge-as_30310_717.jpg

Seriously. We should find out who that was and offer them a job as our support vehicle for future rides.

Edited by Hailwood

oh lest i forget, pauly can talk about how he got his exercise for the day involving his multi and a uphill and promises of a gas station

also, i got to ride the beast and it was really fun. i was always afraid if would "feel" heavy as it's specs would have you believe, but you dont notice it at all when riding.

oh lest i forget, pauly can talk about how he got his exercise for the day involving his multi and a uphill and promises of a gas station

also, i got to ride the beast and it was really fun. i was always afraid if would "feel" heavy as it's specs would have you believe, but you dont notice it at all when riding.

I want to ride the Multi, I don't care how ugly the bike or rider is.

I looked up a Kia Sportage and at best they have 260HP, there is no way that thing was stock, I'm guessing the turbo was upgraded at a minimum. I didn't tell you guys or don't know if you got a change to see inside but there was an attractive woman in the passenger seat, I'm still impressed by how that thing went with two people in it.

The Honda might be one of the slowest 1K out there but you will like the mid-range torque on corner exits. High sides are completely optional.

Right now I am lusting over two bikes. The Multi based on being around yours and a Tuono V4. I have owned this Honda as long as I've had any bike and am getting itchy for something different. My issue to this is that I will have to spend 2 - 3 times as much to replace it.

The Honda might be one of the slowest 1K out there but you will like the mid-range torque on corner exits. High sides are completely optional.

Right now I am lusting over two bikes. The Multi based on being around yours and a Tuono V4. I have owned this Honda as long as I've had any bike and am getting itchy for something different. My issue to this is that I will have to spend 2 - 3 times as much to replace it.

UP on a Multi? I thought you were morally opposed to twins? :eek:

UP on a Multi? I thought you were morally opposed to twins? :eek:

I'm warming up to the idea of something different, I'm obviously wrong about twins not making power from riding with some very fast twins this year. I just haven't been able to make one go fast yet, maybe if I own one my opinion will change if I don't kill it by overreving it. I've had all types of bikes, I see a Goldwing sometime in the future. I thought about a supermoto but think I would kill it on a ride or have to trailer to a ride. I will go back to a bike style or size once I get to taste all the flavors except a cruiser, I hated the Harley.

No, he likes twins. Both male and female.

BOOM!

:D

You got a twin sister? The stuff fantasies are made of.

We rode the section between 78 and 60. It was really clean from what I remember. I missed most of it trying to run down that Kia.

Why do I feel ashamed to say that? :nono:

Don't feel ashamed I had to pull a late braking stunt that shouldn't be done on a street ride to get around him. I don't know who is hopping up the turbo Kias but that thing was not stock.

I'm warming up to the idea of something different, I'm obviously wrong about twins not making power from riding with some very fast twins this year. I just haven't been able to make one go fast yet, maybe if I own one my opinion will change if I don't kill it by overreving it.

That's kinda funny because I have been seriously considering another I4. I can't seem to make myself keep them in the right rev range. When my house sells there's a really good chance I'll be picking up an 07 or 08 CBR600RR (really like the ergos). I'll most liley keep the Gladius, because seriously who's trying to buy a used Gladius :confused:

We rode the section between 78 and 60. It was really clean from what I remember. I missed most of it trying to run down that Kia.

Why do I feel ashamed to say that? :nono:

Nothing to be ashamed of. When it was my turn to pass he got on it hard just before I pulled out. I was getting past him but was running out of real estate fast so I backed out and let him go. That thing was hauling. I know my bike is no rocket but passing a KIA.

Nothing to be ashamed of. When it was my turn to pass he got on it hard just before I pulled out. I was getting past him but was running out of real estate fast so I backed out and let him go. That thing was hauling. I know my bike is no rocket but passing a KIA.

You needed moar VTEC :D

I know somebody is actively looking to buy an R1 after that ride. :nono:

I made it past him but it wasn't because I was out accelerating him quickly, when we were running out of road I stayed in it farther into the corner that I was comfortable with, probably my hardest braking maneuver this riding season. I don't know why he decided to drive down the middle of the road after that.

I made it past him but it wasn't because I was out accelerating him quickly, when we were running out of road I stayed in it farther into the corner that I was comfortable with, probably my hardest braking maneuver this riding season. I don't know why he decided to drive down the middle of the road after that.

coz he is a dirty punk

Was the guy being a dick and trying to block you?

No, not at all just going about his business at his quick pace. Once I made it past him he moved over to the middle of the road maybe to be a dick to the others or just needed the extra room to pick up his pace because one of us got past him. It could have been as simple as him not wanting people parking in the corners after out accelerating him in the straights, I'm sure it's happened to him before at the pace he is capable of.

I'd like an inline for the track' date=' but I just got too cozy with the 1100's torque curve. When I jumped on Jinu's SV650 I was all like, "WooHoo!!!". After the first set of corners I was like, "Fuck all this shifting!!!".[/quote']

Two words: Speed Triple

I know somebody is actively looking to buy an R1 after that ride.

All that ridiculous power is the only way I can keep up with Pauly on his air-cooled Eye-talian tractor.