Let me introduce you to.......Rudy

modular

Just like this guy......rudy.jpg.........small and willing with a big heart here is the 1994 GS500 I picked up over the weekend. Finally got done replacing parts and sprucing it up a bit. Not bad for a total cost of $1200 adding in the replacement/upgrade parts. Just a tick under 4400 miles on him. All ready for the backwoods......

PA043409.jpg

PA043411.jpg

PA043420.jpg

This is what I started with.......

photo2_zpsd2513547.jpg

photo1_zpsed569335.jpg

Here's me squidin' it up in the parking lot-lol:

PA043427.jpg

PA043431.jpg

Replaced the disco rear decals with plain white GS500 decals, 2005 Katana rear shock (already has Sonic springs/15wt. oil in the forks), smaller aluminum foot pegs, EBC HH pads front/rear, flushed all brake fluid, Superbike bars, Pro Grip 699 grips, different mirrors (not sold on them-may go with bar end), short turn signals, one step up on both jets, one washer on the needle and 3 turns out on the idle mixture screws to rid the bike of the factory lean condition. Oh, and some polishing of the paint.

Edited by modular

For the price I could not pass it up. This is a dual purpose bike for now. I have been pushing the Sportster way to hard and wanted to pick up something that handles well for me and be a good first bike for my wife as she is in the middle of the MSC. I am going to pick up an SS for myself over the winter for next season.

It will be nice for my wife to learn on. She won't have to take the dumb test the State makes you take. She is doing it right and taking the full course. Class was last night with the riding portion this weekend. She is stoked as hell.