Sig Sauer SP 2022

Howabusa

Sportsman's den has the Sig Sauer SP 2022 on sale Thanksgiving weekend for $359 with laser. I am thinking of upgrading from my S & W Sigma 9mm to this Sig Sauer. Not real happy with the trigger on the Sigma. Is this Sig a lot better than the Sigma?

I've read and heard good things about the 2022. It's built to compete with the other polymers ....Glock, M&P, XD. I've seen them new with laser at $389, so your price seems good. I'd do it.

Is it "better" than a Sigma? IMO.... no.

Not wanting to add to the collection, wanting a better handgun than the Sigma. How much would a trigger job on the Sigma cost? The Sig comes with a laser, too.

Free. Do a Google search. The sigma trigger is supposed to feel like a da revolver. there is a redundant trigger spring that can be removed. it's only purpose is to increase trigger pull. it can be removed without affecting reliability.

OTOH, the stock sigma trigger isn't ideal for target shooting but makes sense for a self defense situation where adrenaline is involved.

Edited by Tpoppa

SP2022 > Sigma hands down not even close. Everyone has different experiences though. 100% of the Sigmas I have shot or been around have had some sort of failure, none of the SPs have. (Own a SP2022) I'm not a huge hammer fire fan but like the Sigs best in that realm of options. I hate 1911s & I've carried one for four years, I don't like the M9 much either.

I've stated all that to say this, you're the important one in the decision not our opinions. There will be plenty of people who will have different opinions & experiences than mine, just like we don't all ride the same bike.

That covers what you asked for now for what you didn’t. Buy a Glock, any Glock & if you can’t bring yourself to do that buy an M&P & fix the trigger.

I had the sp2340. Almost the same as the 2022 and I loved it. Never failed me, has single or double with deckr. Interchangable grips, only issue I fixed was the guide rod is plastic never broke or anything but did swap it for a stainless one. Its $300 cheaper then others and its a sig. Xd glocks great guns but for the price hard to beat. MT u guys open at delta today? Im in the market for a new pistol

My understanding is the Sigma was to (attempt to) replace police issued revolvers. They made the trigger heavy to replicate the heavy trigger pull on the revolvers. A light trigger was leading to negligent discharges because no one was used to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Sportsman's den has the Sig Sauer SP 2022 on sale Thanksgiving weekend for $359 with laser. I am thinking of upgrading from my S & W Sigma 9mm to this Sig Sauer. Not real happy with the trigger on the Sigma. Is this Sig a lot better than the Sigma?

First post says 359 with laser. Now palmetto has the for 350 with out lol. Guess you need to shop around.