2013 motoseries novice riders?

candybluzx6

I think both tracks are fun and honestly like the lay outs but i got over the tar strips at gingerman and loved it. I still feel that riding at Nelson is very comparable to riding on the street and I've been to both tracks more than once, between the two i would choose gingerman every time.

But bc Nelson is closer it's cheaper to go there and despite the track, i still have fun everytime i go

I think both tracks are fun and honestly like the lay outs but i got over the tar strips at gingerman and loved it. I still feel that riding at Nelson is very comparable to riding on the street and I've been to both tracks more than once, between the two i would choose gingerman every time.

But bc Nelson is closer it's cheaper to go there and despite the track, i still have fun everytime i go

No josh.. That isn't correct.. You clearly haven't been to either enough to have an opinion on either :rolleyes: lol

You don't really have to give him the Klondike bar when he's done though.

HEY! That isn't true, I love something sweet after I'm finished. Kinda takes some of the taste away. <-- super gay.

Craig always has my favorite ready, mint choc chip. He knows how to treat me right.

No josh.. That isn't correct.. You clearly haven't been to either enough to have an opinion on either :rolleyes: lol

Andy- How many times have you been to Nelson or Gingerman? I see the rolling eyes and the explanation he gave made sense. It's that a few folks get on the boards and say the Nelson is a shit hole and while not a great track or even at times, a GOOD track, it has it's merits and like mentioned by Nate - both are fine... Just go faster.

The point is that some ride a track more than others and feel it is the better track whenever compared to something else. But, to say Gingerman is better than Nelson, it can come down to rider preference like R1 mentioned in his response which I respect. OR, it can come down to the fact that sometimes, people only give one track one chance and judge too quickly.

This isn't a pissing contest or a deal where nobody has the right to an opinion. All I was trying to point out when we get into these Nelson and MS topics is that more often than not, the people that think Nelson sucks are usually people that haven't gone more than a couple of times.

And, my responses were pointed more towards another website that is full of anti-Nelson racers and yet, they have all never been there more than 1-2 times. Yet, they say all the southern tracks and everywhere else is better and they do not race MS as a result. I think that's BS and not fair.

There are a ton of people that want to race. Starting in MS is a great choice. WERA is also a great choice. BUT, WERA runs the same exact tracks with less racers and a smaller schedule. That means it really isn't any better and racing at Putnam and a full 10-11 race series seems to be better than 5-6 races and only at 3 tracks in closer proximity and one way the hell up in the NW...

So, Nelson sucks, Gingerman sucks, Grattan is rough and not the best facilities and Putnam is getting to a point it is starting to show it's age. Mid-O is good, but the surface is sketchy when wet and the only thing we can look forward to at this point is if they redo Beaver. So, yes. Every track around us is fine. Just go faster.

...But, to say Gingerman is better than Nelson, it can come down to rider preference like R1 mentioned in his response which I respect.

...Just go faster.

Holy shit...I got some respect from B. I am your elder! You will respect me!

:lol:

Thanks, Brian.

Will someone (i.e. everyone) please start sending PM's to RVTPilot with "...just go faster." He won't listen to me when I tell him that.

:D

The guys bitching about Gingerman over Nelson probably don't have much seat time at either and therefore, not really able to asses the differences.
Andy- How many times have you been to Nelson or Gingerman? I see the rolling eyes and the explanation he gave made sense. It's that a few folks get on the boards and say the Nelson is a shit hole and while not a great track or even at times, a GOOD track, it has it's merits and like mentioned by Nate - both are fine... Just go faster.

The point is that some ride a track more than others and feel it is the better track whenever compared to something else. But, to say Gingerman is better than Nelson, it can come down to rider preference like R1 mentioned in his response which I respect. OR, it can come down to the fact that sometimes, people only give one track one chance and judge too quickly.

This isn't a pissing contest or a deal where nobody has the right to an opinion. All I was trying to point out when we get into these Nelson and MS topics is that more often than not, the people that think Nelson sucks are usually people that haven't gone more than a couple of times.

And, my responses were pointed more towards another website that is full of anti-Nelson racers and yet, they have all never been there more than 1-2 times. Yet, they say all the southern tracks and everywhere else is better and they do not race MS as a result. I think that's BS and not fair.

There are a ton of people that want to race. Starting in MS is a great choice. WERA is also a great choice. BUT, WERA runs the same exact tracks with less racers and a smaller schedule. That means it really isn't any better and racing at Putnam and a full 10-11 race series seems to be better than 5-6 races and only at 3 tracks in closer proximity and one way the hell up in the NW...

So, Nelson sucks, Gingerman sucks, Grattan is rough and not the best facilities and Putnam is getting to a point it is starting to show it's age. Mid-O is good, but the surface is sketchy when wet and the only thing we can look forward to at this point is if they redo Beaver. So, yes. Every track around us is fine. Just go faster.

I just think it's funny how someone can like something over another and you make a blanket statement about not enough seat time. Someone is allowed to like one over another even if they have only been to each track one time. It's just a personal preference.. No need for blanket arguments.

I never said it's the worst track ever.. it just needs repaved and better run off.. I wouldn't say I wouldn't do another event there, race there, etc.. It's just not great. Gingerman isn't my favorite either.. Actually Mid O is my favorite track.. I love that track. Slick in the A.M. yes, but still love it. Putnam is showing age, but still fine..

you mean like you did for 3 or 4 years?

;)

Again, I acknowledged I did so. It was during the time we were WERA racing and I didn't think it was safe for the speeds we were obtaining or had seen. But, I can also say that after talking to Todd and being pushed to race by Wrobel and Justin, the track can be perfectly fine at a club level.

I was commenting based on people not giving it a chance after only being there maybe 1-2 times total.

Remember, ive been racing since 93 in the NC region with WERA. ;)

where did you see this?

Actually it isn't just Nelson, again, I am slow, I am NOT in contention with all you fast guys, but I was looking at some of our more "famous" guys that run MS and Wera, and yes, they are faster than the WERA guys. Brian, Carr(He doesn't run MS except maybe Putnam), etc.

In the end on Mylaps, it shows that MS and Todd are good people and putting on REAL races with REAL competition. Actually, if you look at the fastest Wera guys in classes that compare Wera vs. MS, the guys that run both are the fastest.

Again, this is coming from a mid pack racer, but I can do math and read numbers lol.

Sounds correct to me. They have pretty much eliminated the NE schedule unless you want to drive all over. That was the primary reason I switched to Motoseries... and friends with MS helped also. Driving 5-6 Hours one way to Summit, 8 Hours to VIR...no thanks.

Motoseries pretty much has the Ohio area locked up pretty well with Nelson, PIRC and now Putnam.

Sounds correct to me. They have pretty much eliminated the NE schedule unless you want to drive all over. That was the primary reason I switched to Motoseries... and friends with MS helped also. Driving 5-6 Hours one way to Summit, 8 Hours to VIR...no thanks.

Motoseries pretty much has the Ohio area locked up pretty well with Nelson, PIRC and now Putnam.

That and all the HJs and BJ's I was giving you. Now I am charging ;) JK, I'd never charge COX for some gay serprise buttsecks.