2013 motoseries novice riders?

candybluzx6

Greeaat.

In expert though, right?

;)

We will see:D...I asked Todd what he was going to do about who was going to Expert next year and never heard back....I hate waiting until the last second to get stuff done and need to know if I need to order white plates or not.

The 09 is pretty set up now. Getting a Elka shock for it and a quick shifter. Building a new bike is expensive. Still need a spare front rim w/rotors.

I hope...Like I said before. It would be boring for anyone running in expert by them self.

Yup. I think there's 6-8 of us that should move up. I'm even at the back of that 6-8 pack, and I would still be ok if I got bumped.

Then there needs to be some kind of rule more set in stone...if you win x amount of novice races, run 1:1x laptimes or something like that, you get bumped. Allow the person enough races/laps that they have a shot at winning their Novice season championship, but still bump them.

I am probably out for next season, but I am currently looking at an old YZF600R street bike that would technically be class legal...

If I end up with that in the garage, and find the motivation to rig up a belly pan and do all the requisite safety wiring, I'll come out and piss off some newbs on fully prepped "real" sportbikes for shits and giggles :D

1:11s for sure. Think they cracked into 10s also though. Upper novices are 12-13s though.

I just browsed MyLaps, and the fastest novice lap I saw at Nelson was in the mid 11's.

If you're turning 13's, you'll be fighting for a podium spot.

That's at the end of the season though. Some of the guys turning 13's later in the summer were in the 17's for the first couple of rounds.

Fastest overall lap I saw (including experts) was a 1:08.89, which is pretty damn impressive... Breaking 1:10 means you're averaging over 100mph on the lap.