Who still has semi-auto rifles for sale?

Scruit

So I should have bought some? He asked when I picked up

my DPMS and I said no. Think they were $15/each. Why so popular?

Nobama

Are you talking about magazines? They were asking $25 for mags and not even magpuls. There's a big demand for the 30 round one because people are worried they'll be outlawed.

B&t can kiss my ass. Only way id buy from them is if they can get me shit cheaper than normal retail

I wish I didn't have family shit the rest if today, I'd call buckeye and go out there if they did. I can justify $20/mag

Are you talking about magazines? They were asking $25 for mags and not even magpuls. There's a big demand for the 30 round one because people are worried they'll be outlawed.

Yeah. Magazines. Want to say it was $15 but I could be wrong. Didn't know mags were on the hit list. Crap!

Nobama

If it is a documented "imported before 1990" or it has had the "less than 10 foreign parts" conversion, then I'd pay 4-500 for it. Looks like it has the Tapco US conversion kit on it. Under the current circumstances the prices are silly.

• Upvote 1

For reference, I just paid 290 for an original numbers-matching Chinese Norinco made in 1980 with a picatinny rail mounted scope. I also just paid $150 for all the parts I need to make it 922r compliant for pistol grip, telescoping stock and detachable mags. So, I just got the same gun he's asking $600 for, and I only paid $440.

If that is the tapco kit and it's 922r compliant then $500 isn't bad for an already converted sks. If the parts aren't stamped us-made then you'll need receipts showing part origins. Plus you're not having to go through the hassle of the conversion. I'd offer him 475 if it was confirmed compliant.

I dont know much about these here assault rifles, but my buddy wants to sell me his sks for $600. with 20, and 40 round mags, scope and 250 rounds included. is that worth buying?

aruramug.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Damn! :eek:

FYI: cover mounted scopes move around too much to be very accurate. YRMV.

I know a guy who has that very same set up and has a lot less than that in it.

Damn! :eek:

FYI: cover mounted scopes move around too much to be very accurate. YRMV.

I know a guy who has that very same set up and has a lot less than that in it.

Cover-mounted? As in the metal cover over the top of the bolt, that retains the buffer spring? I'll keep an eye on that when I try mine out at the range.

Cover-mounted? As in the metal cover over the top of the bolt, that retains the buffer spring? I'll keep an eye on that when I try mine out at the range.

It has to fit extremely tight, as in beating it on with a rubber mallet to work. If not, every time the bolt cycles the cover will jump and be off. These rifles were made by many manufacturers, with variations in design and are famous for loose tolerances.

Zach - find out what kind of SKS he has. Russian, Romanian, Chinese norinco, etc. Value depends on who made it. Also, see if he has the original furniture, bayonet etc. you want that stuff, especially if the numbers match.

• Upvote 1

It has to fit extremely tight, as in beating it on with a rubber mallet to work. If not, every time the bolt cycles the cover will jump and be off. These rifles were made by many manufacturers, with variations in design and are famous for loose tolerances.

Zach - find out what kind of SKS he has. Russian, Romanian, Chinese norinco, etc. Value depends on who made it. Also, see if he has the original furniture, bayonet etc. you want that stuff, especially if the numbers match.

Will do, He's taking it to the gun show tomorrow so idk if he will have it after that, but offered it up to me for 500 if it doesn't sell, the only things he said that came with it was the ammo (250 rnds), mags (20 and 40 rnd mags) and the sight so i doubt it has anything else. But i figure I might offer 450 if he still has it, still unsure, as im a flip flopper when it comes to buying things :lol:

Was in the area just now so I stopped by to pick some up. Sure enough $15/each for Tapco's. But limit one/customer.

Nobama

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Bridgeport-gun-buyback-off-to-strong-start-4140689.php

The recent events may start a new round of city sponsered "buy back " programs.

And I noticed on the NSSF web site ( National Shooting Sports Foundation, the group that hosts the SHOT show) their mailing address is in Newtown, CT (bottom of webpage)

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Bridgeport-gun-buyback-off-to-strong-start-4140689.php

The recent events may start a new round of city sponsered "buy back " programs.

And I noticed on the NSSF web site ( National Shooting Sports Foundation, the group that hosts the SHOT show) their mailing address is in Newtown, CT (bottom of webpage)

Those pictures make me sad. $400 for that Colt huh? What is that pistol in pics 18 and 23? Incon MP45B? Can't find anything about it.