AR15 flip up irons - whats on your carbine?

Helmutt

Well...I didn't get my stupid sights yet but I did pick up some goodies!

photobucket-20931-1357350377312.jpg

Time to get the tools out!

:D

Allow me to introduce you to a term: "Gear Queer".

Troy, LWRC, AMRS, and MBUS are all good BUIS. Make sure you get a metal gas block height BUIS if mounting on a railed block.

• Upvote 1

I like the term Magwhore better. :)

But, you don't run out and buy 4 different wheels and tires for your car do you?

I didn't think so. :D

And I'm well aware of the "no poly" on the gas block, but I also have a same plane block so I will not be getting a gas block specific front. Thanks for the info though.

how hard is it to mount a free float quad rail?

Easy if you have an armorer's wrench and a vice block. Depending on the free float, you may not even need either if it clamps to the standard barrel nut. Some of them (yhm,larue,DD,etc) use their own barrel nut though and require you to remove the barrel nut. Also, depending on the length of rail you decide to go with, you may need a low pro gas block.

Easy if you have an armorer's wrench and a vice block. Depending on the free float, you may not even need either if it clamps to the standard barrel nut. Some of them (yhm,larue,DD,etc) use their own barrel nut though and require you to remove the barrel nut. Also, depending on the length of rail you decide to go with, you may need a low pro gas block.
Check out the centrion c4 rail, or the DD omega for easy installed FF

thanks for the info. going to look into it. i'm doing a "cheap ass carbine" build and a "slightly less cheap ass carbine" build using the big-little brother system (upgrade one, the other gets the hand-me-downs)

• 4 weeks later...

So, since I've still not bought the irons I wanted ( Matech flip rear and MI flip frt ) I did find these, and for the money I cannot find a reason NOT to try 'em. The rapid transition idea enticed me, otherwise I'd need 45 degree mounts for the flip ups. Anybody else like/prefer this type of setup vs sighting through the optic?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006X9DLQM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/189-6372525-4160007?qid=1359069087&ref_=sr_1_16&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-16