Any HD Riders out there?

AKIRA

qft.

my father and his wife own harleys. they subscribe to the 'live it' clause. when i get my big boy job, i'm gonna get pops on a metric cruiser, and convert him. if nothing else, get him out of the feet forward style. it's worse on your back than full tuck on a race replica.

My back is fucked and stretching out with my feet forward on my vision is 1000 times more comfortable than any of my other bikes were. What is comfy for you may not be comfy for your pops.

• Upvote 1

Mentioning Buell and HD in the same breath, is something off topic, but I don't think I'll ever forgive HD for what they did to Erik and Buell.

Having said that...buy/ride what makes you happy. But don't sh!t on other folks for doing the same. Some folks like to make purchasing decisions based on price/performance ratios...some folks don't give a fuck.

• Upvote 1

Different strokes for different folks.... On the sportbike, the high-revving 4 made me feel like I had to race from light to light. Adrenaline rush, to be sure. Many, many times, I found myself in triple digits hoping to hold on. Very enjoyable, but not the least bit relaxing.

On the Victory, it's laid-back, easy shifting, comfort. Feet-forward pegs are rough on my back, but floor boards.... where have you been all my life? My biggest complaint on the sportbike was leg/old-knee fatigue. With the huge floor boards on the Victory, I can move my legs and feet all over the place on long rides.

My other choice was going to be either a Road King, Street Glide, Road Glide, or Triumph Rocket III. I don't know that I would have regretted any of them (except the 25 MPG on the Triumph).

Good luck with your purchase. After serving, you deserve whatever your finances allow you.

i personally think this would suit you betterer

Akira%20Modded%20Scooter.jpg

If I could have this I would

2012 FLSTC103 welcome Heres a good reason to come to the dark side :D

I have both but the Kaw had less then 500 miles on it this past year the harley almost 11,000

And there is something about the hum of a harley that the girls love:D

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IGf7jQ2blSk

bikeeng004.jpg

This is another reason for a possible HD, but I have been known to put 10k on my old GSXR 600 in a season.

Mentioning Buell and HD in the same breath, is something off topic, but I don't think I'll ever forgive HD for what they did to Erik and Buell.

Having said that...buy/ride what makes you happy. But don't sh!t on other folks for doing the same. Some folks like to make purchasing decisions based on price/performance ratios...some folks don't give a fuck.

I agree, HD screwed Buell for some reason. Anyone one know the reason for that? Sales down or some shit?

I agree, HD screwed Buell for some reason. Anyone one know the reason for that? Sales down or some shit?

Well, apart from the fact that they stole Erik's technology for a water cooled V-Twin, internal politics played a big part. If you use your Google-Fu you can come up with a few articles that are well worth the read.

I have a Road King and love it. I can't compare it to a sport bike cause I never owned one. I however can tell you I don't have the discipline for a sport bike. I would have killed myself in a ball of fire at triple digit speeds. I have no urge to fly around on the HD. It is a great ride and plenty enjoyable.

I traded my liter bike for my nephew's softail springer for about 30 miles of WV route 16 one time. It wasn't exactly relaxing with the wooden brakes, excess weight, & hard parts that scrape so easy. I guess I'm not laid back enough to appreciate a Harley. My nephew rides a Bull now & says that it is socially acceptable in Harley circles. I hope you end up liking whatever you get.

Are you high? Because if so, pass it over and quit hogging it all! I was trying to kind of say this, but not.

mmmmaybe? :rolleyes: Even if I were, and I'm not saying I wasn't, it wouldn't change my perspective but surely wouldn't have been easy to read......probably some fragmented sentences, misused superlatives, and poorly placed adjectival phrasing :D

Depends on why you want one...

If it's because you think Harleys are the best cruiser value for your money, you should probably look at some other cruisers instead.

If it's because you've always wanted one, and you've got the spare coin to buy one, by all means get what you like.

You're not gonna be on the cutting edge ...or any edge...of technology when it comes to HD. I'm not hating on 'em, it's just a painful fact.

This is very true, but for some isn't that the point? Its low tech power, work on it yourself. "Primal" lol

I'm pretty sure you have to sign something stating that you hate all sportbikes in order to be issued your bandana and vest.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No vest or bandana. It really doesn’t matter what anyone rides to me we are all out there for the same reason I would ride with any of you. As far as the haters go the only ones I have run in to are always the squirrely kids that have not learned respect for the road Harley or Metric

Buy one used that has been modded. HD motor is pretty shit out of the box but there is an entire industry and business model built around addressing the issues.

Like most bikes, once sorted out, they are a very enjoyable ride if you ride them as intended. Models may very, not sure which one you want.

I love my Heritage and the wife (other women as well) loves to go for rides on the Harley. She won't even consider going for rides on my other bikes. There is great joy and relaxation coming from taking it slow.