Red Wing Boots - Made in the USA

Ron505

A while back I had posted about how I could hardly find Red Wings made in the uSA down at the Boot Outlet in Rockbridge. Well, I'm happy to say that 80% of the ones I saw today were made in the US. He said that they are coming out of Montana now. Not real sure what has changed, but last year 80% of them were made elsewhere (outside of the US).

The last time I bought mine (made in the US) there, they were $159. Today I got the same boot (Pecos model 1170) for $119 on special.

Just letting the Red Wing boot lovers know.

I just picked up a pair of Vasquez. Red Wings hiking boot line.

Made in china but the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Light as running shoes and Vibram soles.

Edited by max power

Nope. Most of their boots are china made due to the EPA not allowing them to use the glues needed to attached the soles to the boots. The RW guy explained to me that the only ones still made in the US were some of the boots with sewn on soles.

My Red Wing work boots were made in the USA. I'm not all that happy with, other than e fact that they are holding up really well. Their sizing machine the they have I the store is a joke. The boots they insisted were the right size for me are about a half size too big. They're working out OK now, an year later!

Sorry to poop on your thread I will NEVER buy a pair of redwings again. I bought a pair off our work boot truck and they said made in the USA. They lasted 3 months! Are now in shambles, with holes and leather rotting out. For the price I paid I would have expected them to last almost a year at least. I will never spend $128 again on them, I could have spent $36 on a pair of sears boots if I wanted them for three months...

END RANT.

Sorry to poop on your thread I will NEVER buy a pair of redwings again. I bought a pair off our work boot truck and they said made in the USA. They lasted 3 months! Are now in shambles, with holes and leather rotting out. For the price I paid I would have expected them to last almost a year at least. I will never spend $128 again on them, I could have spent $36 on a pair of sears boots if I wanted them for three months...

END RANT.

What model of RW was $128? I've never seen any of their boots that cheap.

My Wings are almost 10 years old and still look great. I need to have them resoled' date=' but they're way more comfortable than my English-made DocMartins.[/quote']

I have a pair of work boots and a pair of the Durango Dirty Dogs, both are 10 years old and still look and work fabulous. Keeping them oiled is the secret, and the fact they can get re-soled is icing on the cake. Big fan of Redwings and always will be. Carolina and Chippewa also make fabulous boots, hard to go wrong with them as well.

• Upvote 1

Sorry i paid $128 with our $50 rebate from my work. They are some ultra light safety toe model i will look monday for a model on them.

Ah, makes sense then. I've had pretty good luck with their hiker models as far as comfort goes, but the soles split in half in a years time. I can't wear the workboots. Too uncomfortable and no arch support.

Ah, makes sense then. I've had pretty good luck with their hiker models as far as comfort goes, but the soles split in half in a years time. I can't wear the workboots. Too uncomfortable and no arch support.

The weak arch support is what is killing red wing for me.

timberland pro series....only boots i will ever buy. i keep trying new boots and always go back to them. ive ran through redwings, cat, dickies, wolverine, rocky, and a few other misc boots...nothing compares IMO....their new hyperion boot also has vibram soles, cant wait to test them out (they arrive tomorrow)....my last pair lasted me for 2 years of solid abuse (UPS is like the grim reaper of boots/shoes).....normally i blow the toes and soles out of boots in 6 months, so for these to last me almost 2 years, i couldnt be happier

• 4 months later...

I just bought some redwings , they should arrive next week. I bought the 1102s. They lady at the store was very helpful. I will say their sizing is alittle strange. I wear a 10 in everything. I put their boots on and 10s were like clown shoes. Ended up with 9s.

I have tried every boot manufacturer I could find locally-rocky, Carolina, Justin, they all broke down relatively quick. The Rockies sole same off. Twice. The first pair were replaced under warentee. We will see how these red wings do. I hope for 220 , they don't let me down.

Nope. Most of their boots are china made due to the EPA not allowing them to use the glues needed to attached the soles to the boots. The RW guy explained to me that the only ones still made in the US were some of the boots with sewn on soles.

^^^^^^

This

Thorogoods are American made-best boot I have ever owned.

I just bought some redwings , they should arrive next week. I bought the 1102s. They lady at the store was very helpful. I will say their sizing is alittle strange. I wear a 10 in everything. I put their boots on and 10s were like clown shoes. Ended up with 9s.

I have tried every boot manufacturer I could find locally-rocky, Carolina, Justin, they all broke down relatively quick. The Rockies sole same off. Twice. The first pair were replaced under warentee. We will see how these red wings do. I hope for 220 , they don't let me down.

That's funny, they put me in a boot 2 sizes BIGGER than I wear in any other footwear.  :dunno:  They DO fit a little big, and after they broke in they were ok.  My feet were hurting pretty bad through that time though.