Red Wing Boots - Made in the USA

Ron505

The timberlands are POS already. The inside of one of the boots came loose making them nearly impossible to get off. This after only occasional wear. .

I see a lot of negative reviews of those boots.  but they're quite possibly the most comfortable boot I've ever seen

I have a pair of Doc Martens from England that are 20 years old.  I intentionally bought a size up so I can wear thick boot socks with them.  They are relatively comfortable, but I never thought of boots as being designed for comfort.  They are steel cappers I was issued with for working on a steel mill in Wales.  (I was an IT weenie, but needed access to the workstations inside the mill so I had to have full safety gear)

I still say that the Carolina's that used to buy are the best boots I've ever had.  They discontinued them about 5 years ago, and I was lucky enough to find a pair of them a year or 2 after that.  These Red Wing's that I have are about a year and a half old, and they're not holding up as well as their price tag say they should.  I bet the comfort would be better if the salesman didn't insist upon me getting a 12 instead of a 10!!!

Well I went with red wings. Curiosity got the best of me. As long as I have worked in a shop environment , older guys have raved about them. I decided on the 2202 steel toe. Made in the USA( with imported materials of course). I will post pics and do a reveiw , to see how long these things last.

The vasque line looks very nice. I think the thermal line would be great in the snow plow. Unfortunately for daily , I need something comfortable. I work for local gov, and you can see me standing on the side of the road any day of the week. Usualy holding a shovel.

FIFY

• Upvote 1

Ive owned one pair, for 2 weeks. After wearing them and trying to break them in, I was in an incredible amount of pain. Back, knees and ankles. Ill stick to my wolverines for 55 from DSW and just replace them every year

My redwings are made in USA and have glued on soles. I wear the model 2406. Well-suited to my work environment. I get everything from grease to skydrol (phosphate ester brake fluid, nasty stuff), acetone, mineral spirits, alcohol...never had a problem with anything rotting or falling apart. My last pair of 2406's lasted me like 6 or so years, and the soles wore out of them, the uppers are still good. Meant to get them resoled but never did. As far as comfort and durability they're the best boots I've ever worn and I will continue to wear them for the remainder of my career on the floor.

• 2 weeks later...