I'm officially... A NON motorcycle owner...

Dubguy85

Well it's been a fun run. Learning to ride a street bike on my dads Ducati 1098 and getting my first bike, joining this forum, meeting a bunch of good friends, starting trackdays, and getting my race license has been more fun than I've had doing anything else...

However..Times have changed.

I have a wife and 7 month old daughter who are my first priority. I travel a lot for work so I'm gone during the week and I get home on Thursday or Friday and I was taking off out of town to do trackdays or go on rides.. It wasn't fair to the fam. Between the time away, money spent, and risk of the sport, it just wasn't a good family decision. The wife supported it, but I made the decision on this and know it's the right one.. My dad still has 4 bikes if I ever want to borrow one to ride ;). I sold my Triumph and I'm officially out.

I looked around for a new hobby and wanted to find something that was more family friendly.. I DID! My wife is pumped, and it's much cheaper than what I was spending on trackdays and upgrades...

I bought this last week and have already started the modding process! :D

myboat_zps12079740.jpg

I doubt I'll post that much on here anymore, but have met some awesome people who will be life long friends! Enjoy riding, and be safe!

Boating is awesome! I've been doing it since I was a kid but not all that much since I picked up riding. Though this year that might change a bit and boating making a bigger summer impact.

If i recall correct you're in Indy right? Are you keeping it at one particular lake or just trailering it to wherever you may want to go that weekend? Also best mod, is a wakeboard tower with massive speaker set up :D

A day out on the lake in a boat is usually fun. Its the days when there are mechanical problems that turn it into a total nightmare. One time last year i was having issues with it not idleing and wanting to die even if i did get it to run long enough to try and give it throttle. Trying to get back to the ramp on a windy day with assholes as far as the eye can see will make you want to sink the thing and forget about it.

They do seem to nickel and dime you all the time, but that seems to be the case with most recreational toys.

If you run the boat in the driveway before you go to the lake to make sure everyting is in working order like myself, make sure you take the muffs off the outdrive before you back it in the lake. If not, your day at the lake will be over in less than 5mins.:o It will also make for a long and quiet ride back home with the family.

it's much cheaper than what I was spending on trackdays and upgrades...

myboat_zps12079740.jpg

ahahahahahahahahah boats... cheaper... thats a good one. :lol:

i love boats and boating. but its true what they say... a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into.

Rip :(

LOL.. Ahh come on! Hey wait.. You don't own a bike do you? ;)

You do know that you just bought a bigger money pit than the bike, right? :eek: And now you'll be gone fishing and boating on the weekends instead of riding. I guess you can take the wifey along on the boat.

LOl no way is this going to be more than my bike habit.. I spent WAAAAY too much on bikes, parts, trackdays, traveling, etc

2 great things about a boat. The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

no way!

Boating is awesome! I've been doing it since I was a kid but not all that much since I picked up riding. Though this year that might change a bit and boating making a bigger summer impact.

If i recall correct you're in Indy right? Are you keeping it at one particular lake or just trailering it to wherever you may want to go that weekend? Also best mod, is a wakeboard tower with massive speaker set up :D

Oh will have some upgrades for sure! Probably Geist, Morse, Monroe, and we'll try and take a trip to Dale Hollow each year.

we're still gonna make you our "organizing private trackdays" bi0tch. you saw that in your severance package, right?
So you sold the 675R???

Correct

ahahahahahahahahah boats... cheaper... thats a good one. :lol:

i love boats and boating. but its true what they say... a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into.

Clearly you didn't see my expense report from motorcycling the last few years.. I could replace the motor and many other things on the boat each year cheaper than I was doing trackdays, and such.. This will be MUCH cheaper.. AND my wife gets to be involved.

Boat FTW!

Hot-Boat-Girls.jpg

LOL.. I'm sure mine will look much different! moms, car seats, diapers... But whatever! I can dream