Moderators need upgraded

NinjaNick

I trust the admin and mods to make updates to the staff as needed.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Go to ZX6R.com, where we didn't have a single active moderator up until like 3 months ago, and you'll see how irrelevant some Admins can be.

I trust Casper more than Lash (ZX6R Admin), but as an admin and moderator myself on many forums (one being extremely huge when I was 12 - yes I lied about my age then) you just don't realize when shit hits the fan. Though honestly OR is pretty chill luckily when it comes to spammers and the like.

This forum is obviously WAAAY under-moderated - as evidenced by the fact that magz is not banned.

Give me the banstick and I'll do the honors...

:lol:

CMHsprint, just bored and noticed I don't see many around here.

Cooter, hell no. Plus I wouldn't put in the effort. I'm only on here on my cell phone these days. I'd never be on if it wasn't for my Droid. Right now I'm in the bathroom and getting ready for work, hence the cell phone.

Edited by NinjaNick

Meh, I'm moderately content with the level of moderation by mods who moderate the goings on around here. OR is a relatively harmless environment for the most part, and can self sustain the majority of the time. Seems, per Ben's list of login timestamps, that the mods are doing their part :dunno:

Nick, did you see something that tickled your pickle the wrong way or was there just an abundance of alcohol induced overthinking last night?

Not really, just was checking the site in bed before I put the phone down last night and just thought that I don't see many moderators around.

...AND I wanted to stir the pot a bit for uncle punk. He loves moderation.

Edited by NinjaNick
  • Upvote 1

I actually like the way this forum is moderated, not to intrusive, but there when needed.

But look at forums like yellowbullet. Completely unmoderated and the largest drag racing forum out there now. I am not suggesting that this forum should be unmoderated, just using yellowbullet as an example.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Go to ZX6R.com, where we didn't have a single active moderator up until like 3 months ago, and you'll see how irrelevant some Admins can be.

I trust Casper more than Lash (ZX6R Admin), but as an admin and moderator myself on many forums (one being extremely huge when I was 12 - yes I lied about my age then) you just don't realize when shit hits the fan. Though honestly OR is pretty chill luckily when it comes to spammers and the like.

Very few spammers get in because I personally approve every new member. I tried using several different plugins aimed at stopping spammers from registering and posting, but they all suck. It's much easier for me to just look over every new member for obvious signs of being spammers.

Very few spammers get in because I personally approve every new member. I tried using several different plugins aimed at stopping spammers from registering and posting, but they all suck. It's much easier for me to just look over every new member for obvious signs of being spammers.

I moderate/admin several different forums and spammers have gotten much more sophisticated over the last few years. We've tried a number of defenses including banning IP's and domains and it barely slows them down.

This sounds like a challenge!! I know just the people to help test your system. Just trying to help of course.

:lol: how did I ever make the cut

Meh, I'm moderately content with the level of moderation by mods who moderate the goings on around here. OR is a relatively harmless environment for the most part, and can self sustain the majority of the time. Seems, per Ben's list of login timestamps, that the mods are doing their part :dunno:

Nick, did you see something that tickled your pickle the wrong way or was there just an abundance of alcohol induced overthinking last night?

Well said!:cool: