What Is The Etiquette For Giving/receiving Rep?

JohnG

Just curious, since I've actually GOT some now... If someone gives me Rep, is it customary to shoot them a thanks or something to that affect?

And if I give Rep, what exactly are the rules now? Have they changed with the new site? Is there a limit? Do I have to meet some criteria before I give?

Just a thought...

You don't have to give rep back if you don't want. Rep basically is for anything that you may agree with, find hilarious or just want to give the person a pat on the back...similar to the facebook like system

the way it used to be is that you could only give so much rep to one person over a 24hr period or something like that and that you had to spread around your rep giving before you could rep them again which was always referred to as the Peanut Butter rule

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the "Hand Jays for Track Days" promotion has been immensely popular.  To prevent black/purple wiener, I'll soon be introducing "Blow Jays for Track Days" program.  Lighter on my penis, rougher on your larynx.  Details to come.  Soon. Very soon.  Almost... almoooooost.... ok, ok, just spit up into that sink there.

• Upvote 3

You don't have to give rep back if you don't want. Rep basically is for anything that you may agree with, find hilarious or just want to give the person a pat on the back...similar to the facebook like system

the way it used to be is that you could only give so much rep to one person over a 24hr period or something like that and that you had to spread around your rep giving before you could rep them again which was always referred to as the Peanut Butter rule

That was supposed to be a thumbs up on that post, not a thumbs down.  

so are we gonna be able to comment with reps again?  and what will happen to the comments we got with rep previous to the migration?  i want them all sent to me as hallmark cards if they won't be retained.

• Upvote 2

the "Hand Jays for Track Days" promotion has been immensely popular.  To prevent black/purple wiener, I'll soon be introducing "Blow Jays for Track Days" program.  Lighter on my penis, rougher on your larynx.  Details to come.  Soon. Very soon.  Almost... almoooooost.... ok, ok, just spit up into that sink there.

This would be an example of a post that I would rep for t3h hilarity.

• Upvote 1

This would be an example of a post that I would rep for t3h hilarity.

I repped him for it, too, but wish we could still post rep comments....those can be quite entertaining to read.  

• Upvote 1

I was like one rep away from my second star :cry:

I think the negative taking away a positive and vice versa is great. Sorry for the neg rep Jbot just testing it out. :banana:

Tell me about it, I just got my first silver star three days ago!!! Edited by baptizo

finally, IP can't lord his extra stars over me.  the things he used to make me do because of that extra bronze star he had... god, i can never eat oysters ever again.

• Upvote 2

First time rep right there.  Had to laugh out loud...

• Upvote 1