New Rider - Columbus

bloodninja420

Hey OR. Im finding a lot of quality info on these fora so I thought Id post an intro.

I bought a 2011 CBR 250 last week, and the ride home was the first time Ive had any kind of bike on the street. Apologies to the rush hour traffic on Morse Rd.

My goal was to cut down on parking and gas costs from the commute between Worthington and downtown, but this motorsickle thing has turned out to be funner than I expected. Now Im more looking forward to learning the sport than the utilitarian aspect.

I just wish there were better roads within 15 minutes.

My bike has a little over 9000 miles and Id like to get new tires, chain, sprockets, break pads and fluid in her. Planning on doing my own maintenance and splurged on some pitbull stands.

Any other rank novices with slow bikes on here, or people who wouldnt mind riding with one? Holla.

Nope I havent had the balls to get this thing on the highway yet. But tell us more about spanking a 250cc one cylinder on a straight road! :D

Bienvenidos. Great response you'll fit in just fine around here

Nope I havent had the balls to get this thing on the highway yet. But tell us more about spanking a 250cc one cylinder on a straight road! :D

Welcome, keep this attitude and you will do fine here!!

Koreo, please tell us about the amazing power that your 300 is putting out! :eatdrink:

Welcome to this crazy forum. Just one big happy disfunctional family.  It's my biased oppinion that you chose the right bike to start off with.  I bought one last year for commuting & have put about 8,000 miles on it.  Have you considered taking the MSF course?  It will make you a better/ safer rider & you will get your endorsement at the end of the class. Happy riding.

Welcome, keep this attitude and you will do fine here!!

Koreo, please tell us about the amazing power that your 300 is putting out! :eatdrink:

Ever since I installed a Vtec solenoid off of a civic it screams when vtec kicks in yo. faster than my friends zx6r 

. . .