Bike Has A New Home

ludwb675

And it's pretty sweet.

QM8Hj2n.jpg

My garage is already too small so i decided to build a second shed. It will store my bike, future track bike and my power tools that are lining the walls of the garage. This will also allow me to put my harbor freight folding trailer in the garage during winter. 

10' x 8' with 7 1/2ft walls. 3/4" plywood flooring. I have to wait until next year to paint the trim and ramp to allow the pressure treated wood to dry out. Also waiting until next year to finish the landscaping. Still trying to figure out what kind of flooring to put down. Open to any suggestions. 

ctPYlF4.jpg

What i started with.

Iv0qc8B.jpg

$1700 for a concrete foundation. No thanks. 1200lbs of topsoil to level the ground out. Less than $100. Foundation done.

6VVZclb.jpg

Walls up. Everything within 1/4" square. My little helper aka the wife. 

vE6sHPv.jpg

Made my own trusses. 

JMZ4MST.jpg

Roof done and siding corners pieces up.

pwOY78Q.jpg

Siding done. I matched it as close as i could. I think it's the color my house use to be.

xX6OP31.jpg

Electrical done. I installed a motion detection switch for the interior lights. Turns on when the doors open. 

pRxilkV.jpg

Motion light installed outside. 

J5hOOZ6.jpg

Fence removed and doors completed. Ramp built and fence relocated in final pic that was at the beginning of this thread. 

• Upvote 2

I think it's small enough to not need a permit. At least where I live, the max you can go without a permit is 10x10 (or some variation so you have no more than 1000sq ft.). I only know this because I want to build a bigger shed and my neighbor informed me I'd need a permit for anything bigger than what I have. I know it varies by where you live, though.

You might want to close off the openings in the front and back of your base.  Use hardware cloth and bury about a half a foot or so.  Will keep smelly critters out but still ventilate the moisture a little from underneath and keep the plywood deck from rotting too fast.

You might want to close off the openings in the front and back of your base.  Use hardware cloth and bury about a half a foot or so.  Will keep smelly critters out but still ventilate the moisture a little from underneath and keep the plywood deck from rotting too fast.

I'm going to. I already have the stuff to do it. Was waiting until i got the black weed fabric down and use the stakes to help hold it down. I should probably get something up though now until i do it next year.