Trying To Get A Feel For This Place...

Little Al

No you didn't say "ride a 2 wheeler" - you said "hold up a 2 wheeler".  

So, no, a paraplegic cannot "hold up a 2 wheeler", but with outriggers can "ride a 2 wheeler".    Although, to do so you must have balls like Goodyear blimps and v-twin for a heart.

Point remains...

there is no excuse for a trike... physical or otherwise.

If in order to "ride" you have to first transform your motorcycle into a shitty handling unstable car.. it's not worthwhile to "ride".

Go buy a convertible that can handle the corners and leave the "riding" to those of us who can manage on 2 wheels.

Edited by magley64
  • Downvote 3

Point remains...

there is no excuse for a trike... physical or otherwise.

Yep....

If in order to "ride" you have to first transform your motorcycle into a shitty handling unstable car.. it's not worthwhile to "ride".

Go buy a convertible that can handle the corners and leave the "riding" to those of us who can manage on 2 wheels.

that accurately describes my attitude regarding them...

i also think mustangs are stupid... why would you get a little sellout car like a mustang when you could have something worthwhile like a gto?

my attitude has no bearing whatsoever on ford's bottom line.

And that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and welcome to use it to guide your own purchases and decisions. Its when you whip your opinions out like they're a dick and try to slap people in the lips that I take offense to. I don't like trikes either, never have,just not for me. My dad isn't crazy about them either. He's been riding since he was a kid, now he's in his 60's. 30 some odd years of standing on concrete for the Goodyear tire and rubber company has taken its toll and he's got a bad hip. He could ride comfortably if he never had to put his feet down, the transition from pegs to road just kills him. He still deserves to ride, to experience the road in what ever way he can, so why shouldmt he buy a can am so he can continue to ride?

• Upvote 2

And that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and welcome to use it to guide your own purchases and decisions. Its when you whip your opinions out like they're a dick and try to slap people in the lips that I take offense to. I don't like trikes either, never have,just not for me. My dad isn't crazy about them either. He's been riding since he was a kid, now he's in his 60's. 30 some odd years of standing on concrete for the Goodyear tire and rubber company has taken its toll and he's got a bad hip. He could ride comfortably if he never had to put his feet down, the transition from pegs to road just kills him. He still deserves to ride, to experience the road in what ever way he can, so why shouldmt he buy a can am so he can continue to ride?

he can... but my attitude is "why would he want to, when he can drive something that can actually handle a curve at speed without freaking out and braking for him?"

or in the case of a rear wheel trike, flipping over into a ditch somewhere

Edited by magley64

If I couldn't keep a bike upright (or pick it back up it falls over) I'd rock a can-am.  Dunno about a traditional trike, though, and the steering dynamics are not as good.  Two wheels up front is the ideal 3-wheeler config as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

he can... but my attitude is "why would he want to, when he can drive something that can actually handle a curve at speed without freaking out and braking for him?"

or in the case of a rear wheel trike, flipping over into a ditch somewhere

Why should he give a rat's ass about your attitude?

• Upvote 1

If I couldn't keep a bike upright (or pick it back up it falls over) I'd rock a can-am.  Dunno about a traditional trike, though, and the steering dynamics are not as good.  Two wheels up front is the ideal 3-wheeler config as far as I'm concerned.

they make 3 wheelers that ride a like a motorcycle, the can am isn't one of them, it's a snowmobile with wheels...

snowmobiles are fine, bu they aren't motorcycles.

I think I'd pick up a Z4 or MX-5 convertible once I can't ride anymore rather than a trike.  Just watch the Reliant Robin episode of Top Gear (UK) to figure out why Goldwing style trikes are a bad idea.  I think the Can-Ams  are kinda cool, though I would never own one myself.  Can-Am looked at a snowmobile and went..... "What if... it had wheels!!??".  It would be even cooler if there was a pivot point on the frame to the front tires that operated similarly to skateboard wheels, drawing in the inside tire and leaning the frame/seat into the turn.  But people can ride what they want that has no relation to their DBaggyness.  And for some reason I can never get the image of a bunch of Trinity Gang members rolling in on a bunch of can ams, I mean lets be honest, drive by's would be much easier with three wheels.

Never mind the idea that people are free to ride whatever cremes their twinkly, but a trike or spuds offers more freedom for someone that might not be confident enough to venture alone on a bike. Different strokes. Duane has his opinion and that's fine. It doesn't have to be logical to be valid, after all.

Magdor proves time and time again his opinions don't have to be logical. 

• Upvote 1

Since this is my second post I'd like to get an idea of the sort of people that roam the forum.

Is this a can-am ghey backwards three wheeler, "I really thought spraying myself with Axe would get me chicks" type of place?

I must admit that two thoughts go through my head when I see one going down the road. First thought...doucher. Second is why can't I ride a four wheeler down the road?

I can't say a lot... I don't have a bike yet. But when I find the one I want it won't have permanent training wheels bolted to it. You might as well wear a shirt saying that your wife carries your nuggets in her purse.

Wait until winter ;)

• Upvote 2