Motorcycle crash. Westerville Rd. Columbus.

JackFlash

I hope this is nobody we know.  I just heard about this.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two people were killed and one was injured when a motorcycle was struck by a vehicle Monday morning.

The crash occurred at Westerville Road and Albert Avenue around 10 a.m.

The motorcycle was heading northbound on Westerville Road while the vehicle was turning from southbound Westerville Road onto Albert Avenue.

The person on the motorcycle died at the scene of the crash.

Two other individuals from the car were transported to Riverside Methodist Hospital.

The passenger in the car died at the hospital. The driver of the car sustained non-life threatening injuries.

Westerville Road was closed while emergency crews were on the scene.

The names of the people involved have not yet been released.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for the latest news.

It's rare for a car occupant to die in a car/bike accident.  First guess would be that  either the bike was going fast enough to torpedo the car, or the car lost control and was involved in a secondary collision after the collision with the bike.

RIP.   Gotta be a pretty hardcore biker to be on the road at these temps.

EDIT:

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/10/28/columbus-motorcylce-crash-westerville-road.html

Car turned left in front of biker.  Unknown who was at fault (traffic light status etc)  Looks like the bike torpedoed the passenger door.  Anyone know the speed limit on Westerville Road at Albert Ave?

Edited by Scruit

We all know the risks of high speed on a motorcycle. We don't punish those who steal bikes with the death penalty, so I don't believe he got what he deserved. I'd honestly have preferred he got caught and had to face the people from whom he stole from and then had to sit for however long behind bars regretting it.

Especially sad that an innocent life was lost as well. RIP to both parties involved.