unOFFICIAL SPRING 2014 EPIC RIDE - May 18th

DerekClouser

If it makes anybody feel worse Accuweather is calling for 38% to 51% chance of rain any given hour & temps in the mid 50s if we ride Saturday & 0% chance of rain with temps 5 degrees warmer if we ride Sunday. If I had to decide, I'd opt for Sunday.

• Upvote 1

May's weather is always iffy,

always rainy, and often with

very cool temps.

From now on, I'm voting we

do this in mid June.

I voted fall... I stick by the fact mid fall is the best time, roads are cleaner, everyone has blown the winter dust off and racing season is over = more riders. However, we will be there and I will bring my apron to make sammiches. Edited by snot

I voted fall... I stick by the fact mid fall is the best time,

roads are cleaner, everyone has blown the winter dust

off and racing season is over = more riders.

One can still be planned for the fall.  Those who cannot

make this one, or who decide the weather isn't working

for them, can possibly make it later in the season, and

some will attend both.  Plan it up.

• Upvote 1

If it makes anybody feel worse Accuweather is calling for 38% to 51% chance of rain any given hour & temps in the mid 50s if we ride Saturday & 0% chance of rain with temps 5 degrees warmer if we ride Sunday. If I had to decide, I'd opt for Sunday.

Same

They have upped the rain chance in NE Ohio. Per the overall consensus and weather, it's best to cancel tomorrow and move the official date to Sunday. Much warmer and no rain.

Please alert everyone you know that planned on attending of the change.

awesome decision, sunday is much much much better. And i dont have to die trying to get there by tonight. :ok:

I'm actually glad you saw this. I was worried you might already been at work and then heading straight.

I'm actually glad you saw this. I was worried you might already been at work and then heading straight.

i was able to escape from work, got home. half suited. on the way out was looking for motels. and i see this ...woooo kinda very close 

Messages have been sent to everyone in the OP. Hopefully everyone gets the message. 

Due to low temps and rain through most of northern Ohio,

we have decided to move the Epic Ride date to Sunday May 18.  

Everything else remains the same for details, minus changing of the date. 

Please alert those you know that were planning on attending of the change. 

Apologize for the late notice, and look forward to seeing those who can still attend on Sunday.

• Upvote 2

Had a feeling it would need to get called. Safer this way and gives other OR riders the chance to make it due to work or other obligations on Sat. Good call on moving it to Sun. Weather is supposed to be much better.

We'll try and get Sunday's schedule recalibrated to try and make this happen. Better for the whole group, I get it. I'm not pissed at anyone but Mother Nature.....she's just a cunt :nono:

I was going to try to make it tomorrow but I wasn't looking forward to the weather at all. I might be able to make Sunday, but there's another ride with Desmohio I was going to try to make, that is if I can talk the ol' lady into it.

I'll let you guys know.

That was always my vote, whether I attended or not.

One can still be planned for the fall.  Those who cannot

make this one, or who decide the weather isn't working

for them, can possibly make it later in the season, and

some will attend both.  Plan it up.

I am down with one in June and one in September. Weather always seems to be better those months.

Really? That's great. I work Sunday and rented the bolt for 24 hours for this ride. I guess I'll still be doing the route tomorrow if anyone would like to join.

That sucks when it costs ya money to miss out on a ride. I'm glad we didn't opt for a cabin rental like we did last time, that would have cost us pretty big. I say rent that bolt for 48 hrs and call in sick