Where do you buy your bike batteries?

Gump

My bats 8 years old. I don't think there's much differences. I don't like Crown batteries on the deep cycle side though.

Thanks for the batteries plus suggestion.

I got a sealed "gel" battery off amazon for $23 plus shipping. Arrived yesterday, and it is indeed a sealed battery. Probably not the highest quality, but I'm going to keep it on a battery tender anyway, so it should last. I hope.

the cheapest lead acid I see for that is Sears.com and Rakuten.com 22.15 w/ about 9.50 shipping

the cheapest AGM is widely available, the BikeMaster brand. About 30-32 bucks with 9 shipping.

Big Bad Powersports is showing $30.67 with free shipping. (Normally priced at around $53.00)

Probably older stock they want to move.

With free shipping (if true), the AGM is cheaper than the lead acid.

The correct Yuasa battery is YTX7L-BS (a premium AGM)

BikeMaster shows MS12-7L-BS is their equivalent battery

Which is the Product # 780740 linked at Big Bad Powersports

• Upvote 2

One of my three batteries is a BikeMaster AGM. It seems to work as well as anything else. I'll guess it's 7 years old. It came with the bike. One of the Yuasa is 12 years old and still works, but it seems like the amps are just starting to fade. A just noticeable slowness when starting the bike. It's now a spare. I charge them about once a month in the Winter. Charging now, since I forgot...

edit: I looked, Wally World doesn't have one for 599 or 919. Not even on line...

Batteries Plus and similar are running about 53 for the type. Which isn't a bad local price either.

Edited by ReconRat

One of my three batteries is a BikeMaster AGM. It seems to work as well as anything else. I'll guess it's 7 years old. It came with the bike. One of the Yuasa is 12 years old and still works, but it seems like the amps are just starting to fade. A just noticeable slowness when starting the bike. It's now a spare. I charge them about once a month in the Winter. Charging now, since I forgot...

edit: I looked, Wally World doesn't have one for 599 or 919. Not even on line...

Batteries Plus and similar are running about 53 for the type. Which isn't a bad local price either.

My battery started showing signs of age late this season. If I leave the key on, engine off for more than a few minutes it was toast. But would charge and start it.

Bigbad doesn't seem to have free shipping and they want $14.87 to ship? free shipping if over $99. Maybe I'll buy oil filters?

Yeah, it's free shipping over $99 only. I'd be temped to look elsewhere. Don't like being tricked.

screw them, here...$37.25 at amazon.com, free shipping... drop shipped from Powersport Superstore

http://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-AGM-Platinum-Battery-MS12-7L-BS/dp/B005G54VYA

edit: I forgot, I always check amazon.com last, looking for cheaper. Because they do free shipping all the time.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

How are you guys finding all these cheap batteries?  My RS Warrior needs a new battery, and I'm not finding much under $80.

It looks like that battery is harder to find. Not as many in stock. So the prices are higher.

Might also be a bit larger battery. About $70 might be the best price found for AGM. ($60 + shipping)

Google price search

edit: Batteries Plus is about $86 plus tax

Edited by ReconRat