Mid O AMA Superbike weekend

F4iguy

Mid Ohio track days AMA weekend  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which day(s) are you signing up for?

• Friday July 18
    • Monday July 21
  2. 2. Are you attending the AMA races?

In years past, they have wanted to see a license plate on any vehicle being ridden or driven.  That said, if you are legitimately moving your track bike from the camp ground to the paddock, I'm not sure how else they expect you to do that when the main paddock is closed off for the AMA teams...  I think they'd allow it until and unless people start acting like dopes and doing burnouts, wheelies, etc.

Gear requirements for the parade lap are pretty minimal.  I cannot speak from experience on that point, as I've never done it, but I have observed it in a drunken stupor from the end of the back straight.  If my memory is correct and the policy hasn't changed in the last few years, they're going to want reasonable street gear.  Helmet, jacket, gloves, and closed-toe shoes, but jeans will be allowed.

they keep the pace pretty tame though.  Full race gear might get you put into a group with a more zealous pace rider.

The parade lap is really boring.

And now after the crash last year in the parade lap that set the entire day back, I foresee it being very slow this year.

I was there for that !

Some idiot went down on the parade lap and everything was held up for at least an hour.

Pegram said he almost went down in the mess after the clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.  I wasn't going to phrase it like that though lol. 

But yes it was a senseless crash from a bike that had no business on the track. He was an experienced rider, just no track exp and made a poor choice and on a bike that shouldn't been on a track to begin with. Set the day back 1:15 and in turn put AMA, Media, Teams, Staff ect in a huge bind. This years will reflect that lesson learned with a slow controlled pace. 

I just decided today to go sat to watch the racing. I have a few noob question since ive never been there for a race. Can I buy tickets at the gate. I will be in a car and Im bring my kids with me. Can I bring a cooler and do most people bring fold up chairs to sit. If anyone can relate I didnt know if it was like the torq race at redbud where everyone just sits in the grass.

I just decided today to go sat to watch the racing. I have a few noob question since ive never been there for a race. Can I buy tickets at the gate. I will be in a car and Im bring my kids with me. Can I bring a cooler and do most people bring fold up chairs to sit. If anyone can relate I didnt know if it was like the torq race at redbud where everyone just sits in the grass.

Yes to all

I was there for that !

Some idiot went down on the parade lap and everything was held up for at least an hour.

Pegram said he almost went down in the mess after the clean up.

There wasn't a crash, something happened with his bike and leaked oil all over the track. It was some dude on a sumo. Happened right where I was watching. Took forever to get cleaned up. Watching the ama guys come through there on the warmup laps was scary.

There wasn't a crash, something happened with his bike and leaked oil all over the track. It was some dude on a sumo. Happened right where I was watching. Took forever to get cleaned up. Watching the ama guys come through there on the warmup laps was scary.

^^^This. I'd heard rumor of a crash too, but it was just that....rumor. I'm sure the pros were pissed about the delay and track conditions after that. Parade laps should be done at the end of the day so there is a lot more time to address any issues like that without interference with the racing schedule.

Oh,I was hanging with some AFJ guys and they said it was from a bike going down.

Still sucked waiting for the races to start !

Ahhh Noooo!!!

It will not be the same without you!. :)

Well, there had to come a time that I would miss one I reckon.  It's going to really suck having to set at work knowing that I could be hanging out with all of you cool people.

FYI from an email to Mid-Ohio

Here are the requirements for the fan track parade.

Age limit is 14 for participants of the lap. Participants must also have

pants, closed-toe shoes, helmet and shirt.

Edited by J_Copeland

^^^This. I'd heard rumor of a crash too, but it was just that....rumor. I'm sure the pros were pissed about the delay and track conditions after that. Parade laps should be done at the end of the day so there is a lot more time to address any issues like that without interference with the racing schedule.

Um. Beg to differ since Im the one that treated him and took to the hospital. ;)