Buying a new bike tonight. Nervous.

Josh1234

Buying a bike is nothing new for me, but I've never paid this much for one!  It's a little bit unusual, but just might be the perfect bike for me........

More details to come if & when I find out whether or not the sale actually happens... no reason to believe that it won't... I've been e-mailing with him for several days, and I ended up coming up to HIS price, even though I tried like hell to get him lower.... Some people just drive a hard bargain. The bike is already cheaper than it should be, so it's still a steal.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm dying to be riding again! :)

:( i shall atone for my sins by providing a list of bikes that will come in my future :D

Meanwhile josh, me and jerry were talking the other day how a Vstrom 650 would have been an ideal match for your height, your riding/commute life style. But i guess you went and bought another yammie :D

Holding off on the baby stroller until the wife makes me :)

I bought the bike and rode it home last night.... Already bumped against the rev limiter, haha.

I'm liking it so far.  The windshield wasn't as monstrous as it looked in the pic, so that's good... It's an aftermarket taht's larger than stock for highway riding.  Should be a great commuter.

VERY different from my YZF600s... I was able to turns at speed with a LOT more confidence, and the damn thing is comfortable.

Should I just tell everyone, or do I get to have some fun?  I'll answer yes/no questions until you guys get it, it won't be hard :D

Should I just tell everyone, or do I get to have some fun?  I'll answer yes/no questions until you guys get it, it won't be hard :D

Don't care!  I'm riding. :crazy:

...Well, I care and I'm mildly interested. But you gotta have priorities.

Edited by Shoop

Bigger windhshield and it handles corners at speed, sounding like a sport-tourer...

Not technically a sport-tourer, but I plan to use it that way, I guess.

R3?

I wanted one!  But they're so new,  you can't find any used ones yet, and they cost more than I wanted to spend.  I like CHEAP bikes.

So we can ask yes or no questions right?

Is your new bike less gay than this thread?

1.  yes.

2.  maybe.  It's a pretty gay bike.

Naked bike?

Sorta.  The top half is plastic and the bottom half has no fairings.I guess it's half-faired.

FJR 1300

Nope!

To all you haters:  Let me have my fun! 

But just for the haters, I'll give a couple of hints that are dead giveaways....

It gets almost 80 mpg and has enough storage room for my helmet.  Yeah, not on a helmet lock, either.