Fall Epic Ride 2015 - Sept 12, 2015

DerekClouser

The whole theme behind the ride was to get the riders together, novice as well as experienced. > Not just Pros who can run through rain

The whole idea is to have a good time riding motorcycle in enjoyable roads and weather > Endorphins over adrenaline

The whole point is to built camaraderie rather than show of bravado

As of now the chance of rain is 70% in morning when we have to set out for the ride. Not worth the risk to peer pressure and call out riders who are not comfortable with these settings. I would totally agree with Derek cancelling for tomorrow, and as of now sunday looks better. Or even post pone to different weekend altogether. If not postponed and its not raining in morning when i am supposed to leave i will be there

Personally i cant do cold and rain since i cant run my heated for my tropical body and raynaud hand. If there is chance of rain in between a perfectly good day to ride, or couple of days during a long trip its perfectly okay. But just to get the motorcycle out to ride through rain mostly is a matter of extreme choice.

• Upvote 2

Both the 12th & 13th have a chance of rain, Sunday being slightly cooler with a little lower chance of rain.

Saturday might not be that bad, I don't know... Well if this is still happening & if I'm going, I'll be sure to have a extra pair of cloths with me & my rain gear.

Just think, in a few months you'll be missing this 60 degree weather. :cold:

post-18216-0-51646800-1442014275_thumb.p

post-18216-0-81393600-1442014288_thumb.j

Edited by V3DT

I actually really enjoy a casual ride in the rain.

I was really hoping to make this so I could actually meet some of the regular OR smart asses lol.

Just be safe, I'm sure there will plenty of slick spots in the shade. Especially down in the valleys. Here's to safe travels for everyone :beer:

I actually really enjoy a casual ride in the rain.

I was really hoping to make this so I could actually meet some of the regular OR smart asses lol.

Just be safe, I'm sure there will plenty of slick spots in the shade. Especially down in the valleys. Here's to safe travels for everyone :beer:

WE ARE A GO! RIDE WILL START AT 11:00 AM.  

No front in behind the current front.  Should be clear by the morning.  If anyone backs out I understand.    Roads might be wet early, so show some caution but by the time the ride starts we should be clear.  :Crosses fingers:   

Still plan to bring food and everything so even if you don't want to ride, you should come out and hang out!

Wear your shirts and we shall see you guys around 10:30 at the meet spot. 

Edited by DerekClouser

Riding at 80% of my ability that is. In other words a good spirited pace. With wet pavement I dial it back and don't enjoy as much

Oh i got you... understandable... all about being safe... don't see any sort of front behind the current one over night so we should be good...