Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

We've been having a blast Monday we did 335 miles on the Cherohala Dragon loop then down Moonshiner 28 to Walhalla and back. Unfortunately the hot dog bbq place was closed down there. 

Yesterday was a short day about 250 miles. We did Road to nowhere and checked out the tunnel then some of 28 again and wayah road then one of my friends got arrested for 106 in a 55 on 28 right after we talked about slowing it down on the sweepers expecting cops. The trooper and magistrate were pretty cool with him though and are letting him out w/o bail, he's allowed to ride, they set his court date early so he can go Friday and the trooper said he's going to talk to the DA about lesser charges so it doesn't affect his cdl. Then after that we hit the dragon a few times. I got to ride my buddies little 94 cbr 400 for a bit that was an interesting little bike. 

Today we're going to head out blueridge parkway to little switzerland and do the snake or what ever it was. Maybe head out to the Linville Cove Viaduct. Looks like we may do 380 miles today. 

P_20160606_124359.jpg

P_20160606_132618.jpg

P_20160606_150759.jpg

Did they still have the "Road Closed" signs up at the falls?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, what said:

I just got here and unloaded. Saw hellmut/snot pass me going thr other way just before CoT. Anyone else around that'd like to meet up/go for an afternoon ride?

Sorry, didn't see you man.  Where is CoT?  We are at the furthest overlook on Foothills Pkwy, heading back to the Dragon now.  

3 hours ago, mango_sv said:

Did they still have the "Road Closed" signs up at the falls?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah it said closed to automobiles. 

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Well 3 hours and $457 later I have a new set of PR4 s on from Wheelers. Didn't think that price was bad at all. Cheaper than Pony and only $75 more than If I had put thrm on myself.

20160609_101152.jpg

We stopped by there today to grab a battery for my buddies bike. Guess he got tired of push starting it. We couldn't have missed you by much. We'll be back there tomorrow around 10 or so to throw my buddies little CBR 400 on the dyno while waiting for our other friend to go to court. 

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

At the Fontana gas station. Heading to the cabin shortly. 506. Come by and say hi. 

All of your beer is in cabin 655, so come by and say hi to it LOL.  

J/k I'll bring it down to ya, cooler on wheels FTMFW!

• Upvote 1

Getting ready to head up to the lodge for some coffee.  If anyone wants to ride with us today, we're heading out about 9am for a 300 mile loop down to Bridal Veil Falls, Highlands, Blood Mtn, Cherohala, Dragon, and back to Fontana about dinner time.  

14 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Getting ready to head up to the lodge for some coffee.  If anyone wants to ride with us today, we're heading out about 9am for a 300 mile loop down to Bridal Veil Falls, Highlands, Blood Mtn, Cherohala, Dragon, and back to Fontana about dinner time.  

Count me in

39 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

my favorite loop 

Doing my own thing today. Ran the dragon first thing, up and back down. Was worried I would fall off the face of the mountain the entire time. Ran up and down the skyway, which I enjoyed way more. And did some hot laps up and down 28. Eating some lunch now and maybe will do some more hot laps from Fontana to the deals gap.

6a63a8cb5b0f7b4a9d870f162dc0de16.jpg

871db6b96bfeae55798d4ed6e4f3eaa8.jpg

9b5f2ea9a854cb8b9c5401522d28e2e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

We are on top of a mountain somewhere off a dead end crap road. There's an SCCA race happening here this weekend and they're prepping. Race cars and tents all along the road. Race is Saturday and Sunday. May have to come check it out tomorrow. And there's LTE so that's cool. 

• Upvote 1

• Tonik unpinned this topic