Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I feel like I am missing part of the story lol...

47 minutes ago, Habi said:

My guess is Ben's battery was toast last fall when they went down. 

What I described was exactly what happened. If you look back to mid-summer you will see a thread where Ben is stranded at a gas station with a dead battery.  He took it home, charged it for two months, pushed it on the trailer, drove it to the Fall Dragon Trip...unloaded it and got stranded a couple blocks down the street at another gas station.  He had to drive to Cherokee and back to get a battery.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

LOL I've learned that Trumpets are very particular about their battery voltage. I swear this last battery would have started my old 600rr.

100% agree. If I could start any of my bikes, I'd be fine for however long unless it sat for a few days. The Triumph, I swear. Twice it left me stranded. Both times at gas stations which I'd just ridden to. Amazing. I wasn't convinced it was the battery until I replaced it. 

4 minutes ago, Casper said:

100% agree. If I could start any of my bikes, I'd be fine for however long unless it sat for a few days. The Triumph, I swear. Twice it left me stranded. Both times at gas stations which I'd just ridden to. Amazing. I wasn't convinced it was the battery until I replaced it. 

I bet it would sweep the gauges but wouldnt bump start right?

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

Exactly. Fuel pump would prime and everything, but wouldn't even try to start. No clicking, nothing. 

oh man, when this happens i always get the "click" when i thumb the starter, but then it resets and the gauges sweep and the fuel pump would prime again. LOL

Damn European bikes. Worth it though, I LOVE the daytona. Loved it since 06 when my buddy bought one brand new in highschool.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

oh man, when this happens i always get the "click" when i thumb the starter, but then it resets and the gauges sweep and the fuel pump would prime again. LOL

Yep, volts drop which resets the ECU.....my previous Kaw did that at 85mph one day. It really sucked.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tonik said:

Yep, volts drop which resets the ECU.....my previous Kaw did that at 85mph one day. It really sucked.

So does hitting the kill switch at 130.......... scared the piss outta me. Good thing I had enough momentum to get over 4 lanes to pull off to find out that I hit my own kills witch.

I might actually bring a spare battery down with me this year. Had the bike cut out on me right next to the Fontana turn-off and refuse to start for about 10'ish minutes last year (totally dead for 2-3 minutes, power back for 5-7 with a bunch of click, prime, hit starter, gauges wipe/reset, click, prime, hit starter, gauges wipe/reset, etc). 

2spooky4me

If I even have the slightest hint of any doubt in my battery it is getting changed. Last one I changed on age alone, it was working perfectly fine but it was 5 years old so it had to go. Think I'm going to change the wife's V star battery this spring, never had any problems with it starting but its gotta be at least 4 to 5 years old - time to change it

28 minutes ago, what said:

I might actually bring a spare battery down with me this year. Had the bike cut out on me right next to the Fontana turn-off and refuse to start for about 10'ish minutes last year (totally dead for 2-3 minutes, power back for 5-7 with a bunch of click, prime, hit starter, gauges wipe/reset, click, prime, hit starter, gauges wipe/reset, etc). 

2spooky4me

That might not be a bad idea. LOL. 

What cabin you staying in Andy? Riding down?

Probably trailering, can bring tools and crap which are never a bad thing to have. No idea on lodging, don't have anything sorted out quite yet. I do have the vacation time approved though!

Edited by what
bad grammer
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

What is Fontana's cancellation policy? Can't find it on their website.

If you cancel 30 days before date is a $50 cancellation fee. Less than 30 days and you eat your deposit. New this year they're charging a $13.95 per room per night (+ $3.95 per person over 2 guests) 'Resort Pass' fee this year to use the mini golf, disc golf, baseball, free wifi etc. 

"The Resort Pass includes guest amenities such as complimentary cookies and coffee in the Lodge lobby, mini golf, disc golf, inclusion in resort activities, as well as free wifi and lake access. Exclusions include but are not limited to: Equipment Rentals, Marina Rentals, and course suppliers.

In lieu of guests having to pay individiually for each resort activity and amenity during their stay with us, we are simplifying this process to make the experience at Fontana Village Resort as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible."

Edited by Dizzledan

19 minutes ago, what said:

Probably trailering, can bring tools and crap which are never a bad thing to have. No idea on lodging, don't have anything sorted out quite yet. I do have the vacation time approved though!

4 minutes ago, Dizzledan said:

If you cancel 30 days before date is a $50 cancellation fee. Less than 30 days and you eat your deposit. New this year they're charging a $13.95 per room per night (+ $3.95 per person over 2 guests) 'Resort Pass' fee this year to use the mini golf, disc golf, baseball, free wifi etc. 

"The Resort Pass includes guest amenities such as complimentary cookies and coffee in the Lodge lobby, mini golf, disc golf, inclusion in resort activities, as well as free wifi and lake access. Exclusions include but are not limited to: Equipment Rentals, Marina Rentals, and course suppliers.

In lieu of guests having to pay individiually for each resort activity and amenity during their stay with us, we are simplifying this process to make the experience at Fontana Village Resort as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible."

Do we still have a couch spot Dan?

23 minutes ago, Dizzledan said:

That's kinda crappy. They didn't tell us about that when making the reservations. Hell, I only want the wifi out of all those things. Now I'm going to be forced to play mini golf. 

Think we have a bed available, I offered it to Josh Rawlins but he hasn't replied yet.

Gottcha. So that would still leave a couch or....? Trying to figure out if there would be a place for Andy. I guess we will keep out eyes open on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone.

Gottcha. So that would still leave a couch or....? Trying to figure out if there would be a place for Andy. I guess we will keep out eyes open on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone.

Yup as long as its a full size couch. I know a few of the cabins only have a love seat sized one. Usually lots of room for air matrress too.

50 minutes ago, Dizzledan said:

Thanks for the info. I may stay elsewhere. Not being able to cancel in case of monsoon is a bit of a deal killer.

Edited by Tonik

Thanks for the info. I may stay elsewhere. Not being able to cancel in case of monsoon is a bit of a deal killer.

It rain every year and we have nice days every year. Like I always say "it's the mountians, it rains there". You just have a extra long day of drinking on the wet ones.

• Upvote 1

• Tonik unpinned this topic