Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

@Gump was talking about doing this last year. I may be game also. 

6 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Same. Just gotta figure out what days we are doing what. I am very flexible in regards to requesting more time off. I think this is going to turn out to be my main vacation this year. Not mad about it at all.

On your Daytona's?

Don't do it until Dan makes a run through there and reports what conditions are like.  I accidentally went across there years ago one spring on my 750 shadow. I have no idea how I made it or why I am still alive. Its very much straight up at the beginning, mud everywhere and ruts that made my foot pegs drag on each side.  Then on the way down the trail crosses a river like six times.  The riverbed at the crossings is cement, covered with an inch of moss.  You have to keep your boots down and let them slide so you don't wipe out.

All depends on the weather and how much rain has been there in previous weeks.  And also how many years it has been since the road crews went through and did some scraping.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

On your Daytona's?

Don't do it until Dan makes a run through there and reports what conditions are like.  I accidentally went across there years ago one spring on my 750 shadow. I have no idea how I made it or why I am still alive. Its very much straight up at the beginning, mud everywhere and ruts that made my foot pegs drag on each side.  Then on the way down the trail crosses a river like six times.  The riverbed at the crossings is cement, covered with an inch of moss.  You have to keep your boots down and let them slide so you don't wipe out.

All depends on the weather and how much rain has been there in previous weeks.  And also how many years it has been since the road crews went through and did some scraping.

Shit. I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the post about renting a pontoon boat. :lol: 

56 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Well I'd say we have a perfect full house then.

Let the couple have the Queen, 4 of us on the bunks and twins and if Tim still dosnt mind the couch.

Andy can have a bed or the floor if he needs a spot to stay. The more the merrier!

38 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll do the couch. I sleep naked with no covers on so I hope you guys are ready.

Sent from my iPhone.

Didn't you know? Cabin 507 is the nude cabin...

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

On your Daytona's?

Whoops, I was talking about the pontoon boat thing LOL

Edited by TimTheAzn

24 minutes ago, Tonik said:

On your Daytona's?

Did it on the FZ1 once, wouldn't recommend it. Street tires and 135 rwhp not a good combo climbing out of those creek beds.

5 minutes ago, rollnhot said:

Did it on the FZ1 once, wouldn't recommend it. Street tires and 135 rwhp not a good combo climbing out of those creek beds.

I can't remember exactly how long it took me to get across but I remember it is about 8 miles and it was several hours.

25 minutes ago, Casper said:

Would've been faster to walk. 

I do remember at one point passing a car on the right...they waved me by.  I couldn't slow down to their speed, I would have fell over like Artie Johnson on Laugh In.  I will never forget looking down in the car as I went by. Dude's wife was sitting there with her hands clenched on the dash with this look of total terror on her face. I imagine she is somewhere right now telling the story of the dude on the bike that passed her and looked over with a look of total terror on his face.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tonik said:

I do remember at one point passing a car on the right...they waved me by.  I couldn't slow down to their speed, I would have fell over like Artie Johnson on Laugh In.  I will never forget looking down in the car as I went by. Dude's wife was sitting there with her hands clenched on the dash with this look of total terror on her face. I imagine she is somewhere right now telling the story of the dude on the bike that passed her and looked over with a look of total terror on his face.

I was expecting a hands clenched around something story, but was slightly disappointed. 

27 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I rode Parsons Branch last June on the SV with street tires. Rode it with my buddy Frank on his VFR. 

was quite the adventure. Came out onto the Dragon just to run into a roadblock. Some dude on a KTM Sumo rode off the cliff and died. Waited 2 hours in the rain. They wouldn't let us by until they recovered his body. 

Sucked. Was so damn high from making it through Parsons that the accident scene brought me WAY down. Actually sat there on the shoulder, made a shelter with a tarp off the SV and cracked open a beer. Toasted the fallen rider. 

Didn't get any looks from the law enforcement? hahaha

7 hours ago, Casper said:

Shit. I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the post about renting a pontoon boat. :lol: 

@Casper

this lakes amazing. I'm game.

Nantahala Lake marina and restaurant.

17838 Wayah Rd
Topton, NC  28781-6541
United States

Edited by Gump

4 minutes ago, Gump said:

@Casper

this lakes amazing. I'm game.

Nantahala Lake marina and restaurant.

17838 Wayah Rd
Topton, NC  28781-6541
United States

This made me think of the NOC Rivers Edge restaurant. Best bacon ever. Best chicken biscuit ever. Put the bacon on the chicken biscuit and order a side of bacon. Man I miss that place. Thanks @Isaac's Papa

1 hour ago, Casper said:

You need to reevaluate who you hang out with. 

This is common middle school* playground knowledge. homeschooled? 

*cue "you hang out at middle school playgrounds often?" witty retort

Edited by what

7 minutes ago, what said:

This is common middle school* playground knowledge. homeschooled? 

*cue "you hang out at middle school playgrounds often?" witty retort

We called that ball tapping, not tagging. And it was a punchable offense. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Casper said:

We called that ball tapping, not tagging. And it was a punchable offense. 

Yes, face-punchable so you had to be careful. Vernacular must have changed by the time I hit the 6th grade back in 96. God damn millennials. 

We called it bagtag, and it was far from a tap.   Basically a stealthy, highspeed, uppercut to the junk.  You young fucks, I was in middle school in the mid-late 80s....but we played bagtag in highschool.  THAT'S how mature we were

• Tonik unpinned this topic