unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

Sunday looks to be a better forecast, but Saturday isn't too hateful - mostly a wet morning commute there.   Although the shaded roadways will surely stay wet into the early afternoon

bah even looking at the HOURLY report for new concord... 60F for the HIGH? Today is niiice 70-72F Sunny.... fucking shit!

Dunno because at this point, I'm not riding 350miles to the met spot only to be pissed on the rest of the day, even 50% chance! :( heh

4 minutes ago, theroamr said:

I'm with Tonik and Tpoppa on this one. Prefer Sunday but will ride sat if have to. Just hate wet roads, just can't run a fun pace. Looks like all roads will be wet all day.

+4

if things change after the next model forecast from the national weather service we might be ok, but Sunday is the better day for sure.  I am in either way, but won't leave the house in a downpour...just a person thing.

27 minutes ago, DUBIE said:

From what I see drizzle sat morning and light rain...but clear off for afternoon...but what weather station can u really trust...lol

haha right, but its quite a distance for me to go on a GAMBLE! :)

I will just have to wait until the morning and look at the Radar and make a judgement call for myself.

Just now, whaler said:

+4

if things change after the next model forecast from the national weather service we might be ok, but Sunday is the better day for sure.  I am in either way, but won't leave the house in a downpour...just a person thing.

You'll leave if I tell you to leave! YOU GOT ME?

• Upvote 1

Just now, ricer1 said:

I vote for Sunday and since I'll miss the motoGP race..... SPOILER alert!!!

Every sunday that I dont wake up to watch it, I have to completely stay off all of my social media lol.

It won't be much better Sunday to be honest. I doubt there will be enough heat to dry things out enough in the denser regions by Sunday, but at least we won't get rained on. Or not as much. It is Spring after all. Precipitation happens. Sunday is definitely looking friendlier for the long distance commuters. 

Why don't we just stick this one out and enjoy what you can, and we (I if need be) can plan another ride for later during the Summer?

Let's leave early enough to arrive at the church parking lot at 8:00AM, I'll bring my laptop (video pass) and my Myfi to watch it in the parking lot!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theroamr said:

I'm with Tonik and Tpoppa on this one. Prefer Sunday but will ride sat if have to. Just hate wet roads, just can't run a fun pace. Looks like all roads will be wet all day.

im going to hop on this train too. 

One thing to consider guys is a church parking lot on Sunday morning may be awfully busy so might need a contingency plan for that too. I've not been to this meet spot so not sure if it's even necessary but thought I'd throw it out there for you

• Upvote 1