Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

And I'm fucked.

IMG_20161017_180514.jpg

I know a guy that applied shoo goo to his tire that was showing cords, then proceeded to ride it a few hundred more miles.  Of course, I'm pretty sure he's certifiably crazy...

I do have a truck and trailer if things get really bad for you.  I can't leave until about 1630 tomorrow though.

3 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I do have a truck and trailer if things get really bad for you.  I can't leave until about 1630 tomorrow though.

Thanks man. I think I will be ok, big dealer 5 miles from here. And like 3 independents within 20. Worse case i will kick in my trip insurance and U-Haul it home.

I will post an update shortly after 10 when everything opens.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Thanks man. I think I will be ok, big dealer 5 miles from here. And like 3 independents within 20. Worse case i will kick in my trip insurance and U-Haul it home.

I will post an update shortly after 10 when everything opens.

You posted while I was posting,sounds like you'll be fine.

BTW, you might get better results at the independents or small shops than you will at the big dealers.I can think of two times a small shop and an independent got me back on the road when the big guys were going to leave me hanging.One was just in July ...thank you K&B of Petaluma, kiss my ass Yamaha of Santa Rosa.

It's crazy how fast tires wear, I had a pirelli start showing threads years ago.  A local shop had a set of shinko replacements and nothing else for some reason. I learned how different tires can be, on that trip back.  I put a few hundred more miles on them when I got back, and then got a new set of Michelins; night and day difference.

EMERGENCY 

Dave/ Scorpion ninja just called me on phone. His bike broke down and he is stranded around here 

401 Cherry Blossom Way

Georgetown, KY 40324

His bike is sort of surging and stopping, not sure whats going on. Is there any one from around this area that might be able to help him out? 

His number is 586 817 0879 > he doesnt have txt function/ not a smart phone thingy so cant post here as well. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

2 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

Looks like all the sites except Killboy have the pics up...

jre-129Slayer-1.jpg

jre-129Slayer-2.jpg

Good pics.

I was stuck behind cars for every photographer corner so nothing for me. 

Home safe and sound. Sucks for Scorpion, hope that gets sorted without much trouble...

Nice pictures!

On another note, apparently two bikes collided Saturday around 11AM and went over the side together.  They were not found until Sunday 24 hours later!  One died and one airlifted out.

Always my worry at the gap...you can do everything perfect and someone else will take you out.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, whaler said:

Nice pictures!

On another note, apparently two bikes collided Saturday around 11AM and went over the side together.  They were not found until Sunday 24 hours later!  One died and one airlifted out.

Always my worry at the gap...you can do everything perfect and someone else will take you out.

Yeah we passed the news crew on the side of the road reporting the incident.

• Tonik unpinned this topic