More Reasons Why MazdaSpeed > you

Mallard

No, not the Protege either.

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=07383418

http://autoweek.com/weekart/2004/0719/mazda6main.jpg

Mazda is prepping its own entry for the Subie-Mitsu rally wars—a 276-hp, 265-lb-ft Mazda 6 scheduled for a mid-2005 world debut. Spotted during hot-weather tests in the California desert, this sizzling prototype gets a twin-turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four that is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and sends power via all-wheel drive to 18-inch tires.

Based on Mazda’s Mazda Performance Series concept shown in Paris in 2002, the production model should debut at this September’s Paris show, carrying either the MPS or MazdaSpeed moniker.

http://autoweek.com/weekart/2004/0719/mazda6rear.jpg

A friend at Ford said that some of his co-workers drove it a few weeks ago and said it's awesome. Should be in showrooms by Christmas. I'll add it to my list. :cool:

Originally posted by Mallard:

ok, true...should have been titled MazdaSpeed>Mid Size Family Sedans ;)

LOL, it should hold it's own for sure. I wouldn't expect it to hang with me right off the showroom floor... ;)

That two turbo setup might be cool if only two cylinders were running each turbo (kind of like a V motor twin turbo setup, w/ a crossover pipe of course). This would allow for smaller turbos to be used, and perhaps less lag....something to consider with a 4-banger.

But overall, it will just add to cost, complexity, and in the end if this car actually get a following, the aftermarket will go w/ a single turbo conversion.

Are we ever going to see any 2 door, AWD, turbo performance cars again?? Not everyone wants a 4-door....I sure as hell wouldn't want 4 doors in a performance oriented car. If I wanted a family car, I would BUY a family car.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

[QB] But overall, it will just add to cost, complexity

/QB]

That's okay. Mazda has tons of experience designing overly complex twin-turbo systems when a mid-sized single turbo would have been more than sufficient. :D

Originally posted by Im JDM Yo:

Another reason why Toyota > Mazaspeed.

http://www.auto.vl.ru/gt/pictures/supra.jpg

Wow. You posted a car that ended production, what, 8 years ago.

Yeah, you're right. Toyota is so much better because they killed their only sports car and now only produce bland family sedans, oversized SUV's, the ugly, underpowered MR-S, and a Celica that 'looks fast.' While MazdaSpeed is producing kickass versions of the regular Mazda line-up that are not overpriced. :rolleyes::D

Originally posted by Mallard:

Wow. You posted a car that ended production, what, 8 years ago.

Yeah, you're right. MAZDA is so much better because they killed their only sports car and now only produce bland ...oversized ...ugly, underpowered ... RX-8 that 'looks fast.' While toyota is producing kickass versions of the pickup trucks that are not overpriced. :rolleyes::D

Fixed :D

TT 4-cyl? graemlins/gay.gif maybe if it were a compounded turbo setup like a pulling tractor where one spools the other to make fucked up amounts of intake pressure, on a motor that would have to be indestructable. AND Awd.

that would be cool.

Originally posted by The Ogrish:

Fixed :D

1. Mazda /= MazdaSpeed.

2. Mazda has another sports car. It's called the Miata. The MazdaSpeed Miata DESTROYS the MR-S and almost all it's competition, AND costs LESS then a fully optioned regular Miata and has more options.

3. The MazdaSpeed RX8 is due out. Calling the RX8 oversized, bland, ugly, and underpowered is like saying a V6 Mustang sucks. It does suck, but the Cobra is for the enthusiest, and the Mustang is for the average buyer.

4. The only thing resembling a sports car from Toyota is the Celica, which the RX8 beats handily.

5. Trucks are gay. We all know real trucks are diesels with giant turbos on them. Anything less is pussy.

Not sure how a twin turbo set up will work on this. Maybe AutoWeek had a mis-type. However the AWD is sourced from the JDM Mazda6. The 4-cylinder was used because the AWD can't be packaged with the 6.