Damn. Guess what I drove today

Guest DagoRcR

Guest DagoRcR
So, which one of those old guys dicks did you have to suck to be able to drive that around?

Disclaimer: It's even funnier if one of those people is a relative.

Just kidding... kind of. That's pretty cool.

haha, na the one on the right is my uncle he let me have it for the day

Guest DagoRcR
I am jealous. More details of the experience?

I've driven the previous gen Z06 also, and this feels like a completely different machine. I'm not sure how to explain it, it feels more "down to business". The driving position is similar, though the chairs seem to hold you more. The acceleration is rediculous. It feels like a go-kart with a v8. The combination of the weight of the car and the smooth power delivery makes speed blinding. On full-out acceleration through first and second I hit 80 mph before I could blink an eye. And for a 7L engine, this car loves to rev. Hell, you'd think you were driving a 4cyl if you just looked at the tach and nothing else.

Highway cruising in 6th is at a comfortable 1.6ishk. The engine is quiet if you ask nicely and screams if you piss it off. The 4k sound is somewhere between a metallic ring and a midtone gurgle. As you creep toward 6-7k it just yells. No deep gurgle, just rediculous hearty midtone roar. It is a very satisfying sound. It makes it feel more like an exotic than a muscle car.

But we all knew it was going to be fast, what really impressed me is how it feels on the road. It feels planted. You twist the wheel and it squats and complies.

Compared to the last gen, this car feels angry. It begs to be floored, to tackle a s-curve, to rev, the power is smooth and endless

Aside from engine/performance. Everything is electronic. There is no turn-key. It's a push button. Hell even the doors are push button. You simply push an electronic button and the door opens a little for you (I'd hate for that to stop working)

The radio/ nav is all controled by a touch screen. I was very pleased with it. It is easy to learn and navagate.

Over all:

I'm in love.