For all of you f-body/ls1 lovers

XChris1632X

I have recently had the chance to drive the shit out of one of the sweetest ls1s ive ever seen. it is my buddys fathers car. he got the car two years ago for a very good deal with 600 miles on in and had a lot less money invested then it was worth so he said what the hell ill send it to slp. it was originally supposed to get the $18,000 585 horse 426 package but something went wrong so they gave him the $25,000 427 package for the same price. yes i believe it is a lot of money but the whole car has 2500 miles on it not a scratch on it or a mark in the leather and it looks and sounds totally stock except for strut tower bar, headers, big brakes, and boyd smoothies now. ignition and everything look stock. yet i trounced it in third and blew the tires off. i believe it has drag radials. yet the sweetest thing was cruising in fifth gear at 55 you could jump on it and it pulled like your average 12 second car would pull in second gear. i cant stop thinking about it thought i would share. sorry so long. http://www.slponline.com/custcar.asp?ID=20030922-001&ST=5

you know actually i would really like to bring it out one night, but im in PA right now finishing my last 2 1/2 months at wyotech. i will be back at the end of june. the other problem is that it is not mine and like i said the whole car has only 2500 miles on it so it doesnt get driven alot. but i can almost guarantee that we will make it out sometime this summer with it. i just dont know how he will be on wanting to really beat the shit out of it, especially because i would have to drive. he really just doesnt have experience and cant drive it. but all in all i would love to get it out there and line up with some certain people. i feel retarded talking about it and stuff though because its not mine. im not the kind of person who feels bad ass or they accomplished something by taking someone elses shit just to race and feel somewhat glorious about it.

yes but at the same time to those with cars a little more modded and to those fbody guys and the ones that seem to hunt fbodys(moostangs), they see a stock looking ss with wheels and no loud exhaust the though of spanking might wander through their mind. like i said before if you look under the hood i shit you not you will see a strut tower bars and headers and thats it. the coils look stock even. by the time the car makes it to the street you have already been thinking about the win. to me it was a definate sleeper being that stock z28 is like bottom level performance to me. just meaning that not a lot impresses me until youve reached stock fbody or mustang gt performance, if you get what i mean.

i actually thought this post would get a lot more replies and this car would actually spark a little more interest. damn i never have anything good to contribute.

well you know how them amish and menonites are from plain city, anything thay say is worthless...josh and dustin neither one have their cars done yet.

i have josh's car up here at wyotech he just came up yesterday and drove it for the first time in 3 years. dustins car is getting his clutch done this week and he was wanting to go to the track friday again this year but just got another damn ticket this week so now he cant afford insurance. but yeah i have the formula. im in the process of putting a cage in it, sfc's, porting the heads and doing some other chassis work.

Guest chpmnsws6
i still have to stock muffler on my car, if you want to talk about sleepers i can just close my cutout

time to make the switch to TDs!

(even though they make a car sound like more then what it has :( )

I agree, you cannot have a V8 sleeper due to how loud they are even when you first start to build one. If you can't hear it before you see it, then you have not spent enough money.

Your friends father has a very nice car. I cannot believe how few miles are on it.