Where do you like to drive?

ImUrOBGYN

Just wondering where everyone likes to take little cruises to for the drive. For example, I used to really like driving down the northern part of 315 in the evening when I'm bored and have time. It's a nice windy road, very shaded over by trees that runs along the river. I also like to get out when I can find access to rivers and creeks, etc where there isn't alot of visitation by the public and just explore around. I live in Delaware, north of Columbus. So if anyone knows any good drives that fit this criteria at all, plz post them here. Thanks.

Bored as always,

Christian :D

Sweet, I'll try looking up all these places. Plz be kinda specific with descriptions/directions or if you're feeling really bored and generous, a google map link as I haven't lived here long. Please keep them coming. I go for drives often by myself and with my gf. I also have a car/motorcycle enthusiast friends coming and am looking for some good roads for them, as well. So the more places the better!

I took the Suby to West Virgina 2 weeks ago for a white water rafting trip and camping. On Sunday I got up early and drove to Gully bridge. On the way back I shot a short vid of it. The road was a lot of fun. I just wish I was driving the RX 7 in the vid. I'll try to post it later.

Around here though, 315 Hospital curves, 133 mph in the Bimmer.

Around here though, 315 Hospital curves, 133 mph in the Bimmer.

I'm trying to think where that's at..

I took the 270 to 670 split at ~110 in my Corolla with my all season Yokohama YK420 tires. I feel pretty confident I can go faster with better tires but those all seasons suck asssssss.

33 north and continue along the river on 247 to delaware. if you cross 42 it gets even better.

Did you mean the 257? I have been along here. Nice drive, as well. I live by the 315 and the 42. I'll take the 42 (short and boring) to the 257 south which turns into the 33, to the 270E, then 315 North to 23 in Delaware and a couple more miles to the house. Or vice, versa. Big, fun, scenic circle for me. Might take it in the next hour even. Anyone close to me wanna go?

Guest 78novaman

I try to take 315 whenever I'm headed to/from Delaware.

Morse Rd from Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd (St Rt 605) out to Granville is a nice drive. Just watch out for farm equipment and slow moving old people. I think next time I'm out for a drive I'll just take Morse to Granville, then up St Rt 37 to Johnstown and back US62. Also once you are on the east side of Hoover Reservior there is no one out and about.

Anyone want to join for a cruise? I was thinking a bit longer, like meeting on Broad St and then going up 16 to Newark. Take 13 up to Utica, maybe get some ice cream at the old mill (if it's still open, haven't been that way in years). Then come back on US62. We could even stop in New Albany for pizza afterwards (I hear there are some on this board that love it).

33 north and continue along the river on 247 to delaware. if you cross 42 it gets even better.

No kidding! I went past 42 for the first time about a month ago and almost drove my car off the road! It is so much twistier than the state route part of riverside. I like to drive up in the Mad River Mountain area, by Bellefontaine. My favorite roads are Rt 245 and Route 287 by West Liberty. One of those roads goes right by the Piatt Castles, and there's also some caves in that area.

Map

Also, Hocking Hills area is good, too.

Great, keep em coming. I'm going to save this thread and just start from the top when I get bored. :burn: Not to mention, I'm sure there are many more people who can use this as a reference.

Maybe, if we get enough good places, the thread can be cleaned up and sticky'd.