Do you weight-train at the downtown YMCA?

excell

My girlfriend has a membership at the downtown YMCA and has been pushing me to get one as well. Wondering if someone does their weight training there and would be interested in a partner? I can never stay focused on weight training unless I have someone to push me, and it would be cool to have someone who can help me build a good routine as well. I can help push you as well - I'm good at barking orders. :D

Anyone?

i actually just got back from the downtown ymca. i like it cuse it reminds me of what i condsider an actual gym. the new tech, clean shit dosent motivate me to work out. i like high school sytle, a big garage with the all-state football players hanging on the wall that date back to 1950. thus why i like the downtown Y(minus the all-state thing).

parking is a bitch, just got a ticket last week for 8min over my meter..but its free after 6pm which is nice to go after work. there is a steam room and sauna, a pool, racquet ball and a numch of other shit that i dont use. spinning is a good class to get into if you like biking, or even if you dont like biking.

they will give you a week free pass to check it out. and if you are under 24 and a student you get a discount...i believe.

edit: the only thing i dont like is they arnt open that late. 10pm is it. thats one thing that cali fitness and lifetime have over the Y...late hours

I prefer to weight train at my house. No rules to follow, you can listen to whatever you want to, you can workout anytime of the day and you don't have to wait for equipment to be free.

Thanks for your unsolicited opinion. :rolleyes:

ive been down to the Y downtown...not for weight training...i used to go down and get on the treadmills and bikes to try to get my ass active again...it is nice...i like how its spread out among the whole building, unlike gahanna where everything is all in one spot. they do have a pool. racquetball (sp??), squash, boxing room (punching bag and speed bag), basketball, running "track" around the upper floor of the basketball court, tread mills, bikes, weight room, sauna, steamroom in the locker rooms, and some other shit.

i dont know if my pass is still good, but i wouldnt mind goin back down there again